Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

It’s down to mcmanus. He’s decided they should be treated like rock stars. Nobody in the county board can say anything to him as they are afraid. Without hard work, honesty and humility you’ll win nothing. That’s the trade mark of all great teams. During the 2010 World Cup Spain; the eventual winners stayed in college accommodation. You’ve fellas like @Breaking_my_balls @anon61878697 @Batigol @Esteban_de_la_Sexfac and a few more trying to justify a trip to a paradise hotel that costs over 1200 quid a night for its cheapest room. Last year Dublin celebrated three in a row by trekking up hills in Cape Town. Without humility you are nothing. If you don’t have an appreciation of how lucky you are, you can forget about winning another all Ireland.

Yerra

We could do with a keeper to push Nickie. David McCarthy of Glenroe from the 2015 u21s was a very good prospect, would love to see him on the panel again

Fresh faces for every line…

In reality the team is likely to change very little. Nash could be a great addition.

1 Like

Probably the best save I’ve ever seen in the flesh was his stop against Tipp in the Munster u-21 semi in 2015.

Won us the match and ultimately the All-Ireland. A real sliding doors moment, Kiely got the senior gig off the back of it and the rest is history…

1 Like

Dowling, o donovan, flanagan played very little this and can be like knew players. Conor boylan/ Jerome boylan can also feature.

Nash was always a super prospect. Would love if he got a chance next year starting in the munster league similar to flanagan in 18. Personally I always thought he’d make it as a senior hurler for 10 years, not in the half back line though to be honest.

1 Like

Super stop alright. And was very comfortable on the ball. I just don’t see Barry ever pushing to start and I’d like to see everyone under pressure for their spot. If Nicky ever got injured or suspended we’d be under pressure i think

1 Like

Your probably right in that we wont see too much change but the munster League and the national league should be used to look at whats out there. If I see Gillane as a lone attacker in February I would be very disappointed. A genuine game plan other than what we use would be nice to see.

2 Likes

Need Flanagan back on form at 14. Would make a huge difference almost immediately.

2 Likes

He’ll be like a new signing next year.

1 Like

She’s the John Delaney of limerick. Couple of pints and the lads are waving the shoes.

Cry me a river

It’s not their fault. They still have to put the right systems in place but it’s much easier for them with the numbers and easy fundraising compared to rural clubs. It’s the same in every sport. If you combine money with numbers and quality coaching you’ll win. Nap have done this brilliantly and it is probably only mungret/monaleen that compete in the long term but even they don’t have some of the advantages.

2 Likes

What’s revised about that team? You switched around a few all Ireland winning lads. Like switching pawns in a chess game. You wouldn’t bring in anyone else no? Kyle didn’t hurl a ball all year and you want him cb with Hannon and god knows what’s wrong with him. Have another go at it you’ve a year to get it right.

Def need him back. Keep going sticking with him until he clicks. Can afford to carry him if need be but this lad is our main danger man.

Don’t overthink it lads. Ye lost out in a game that on 9/10 other days you’d win. The shooting boots/hurls weren’t on and that’s the simple fact. The other two games were not being to the pitch of the game v Cork and Thurles is a very hard place to win against Tipp on the best of days.

I’d have Limerick as the best county side in the country.

1 Like

I do think we badly need a new face or two. This year was too similar to last year, with only a minor reshuffle of the same pack. Would like to see POL, Boylan, and a few more get serious time in the league. We dont need major surgery, just a small enough tweaking to keep things fresh and keep the lads there on their toes.

It’s my revised team you fool. I can pick Who I like.