Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

Jaysus lads, are some of ye disredpecting what it takes to be a top level inter county goalkeeper here,
Some fella (Crocked) who played in goal in primary school is being linked with Nickie Quaids job now that he’s at a loose end?

6 Likes

Wait till Pat Horgan retires!

:rollseyes:

Goalies training is every bit as hard on the body as out the field training

I’d say Nickie is shitting himself

Realistically. Podge Kennedy might be

He’d be the weak link on the team.

100%

I’ve been told… wouldn’t be au fait with what intercounty keeping entails training wise, obviously a lot more to it than I thought.

No issue with Nicky, safe as houses.

Dowling is done. He wont be going into goals any more than nickie wont be going to centre back in his 30s.

Hadn’t heard the Nicky to centre-back one in a while…its Byrnes I want in goals now for the puck outs!

In all seriousness, I accept it was a stupid idea.

Dowling to be manager in 2027.

2 Likes

99s for everyone

2 Likes

With sprinkles.

Well worth a cross reference this thread with the GAA retirement thread. Generally when a fella puts a statment out via twitter he is slated by the boys for being an attention seeking cunt… The Dow is being spoken of like he is a cross between Christy ring and mick Mackey now.

1 Like

I don’t see Dowling playing in goal at intercounty level with a fucked knee but I have seen plenty of players go into goal at club level towards the end of their career and flourish, often doing better than their predecessor.

Someone like Dowling is better to have on a panel than not.

Ah stop. He’s a fan favourite who has been forced to retire due to an unfortunate injury, it’s different to a 34 year old retiring. Also, being a county’s all time top scorer at 27 is serious going, even more so when he was a sub for about a third of his appearances. And I think everyone recognises that there is no chance we would have won an AI without him. Of course, you know all that.

2 Likes

Goalies :smiley:

Nobody mentioned him for goals for inter county. But you knew that already, you were just playing silly buggers

Dan is still seething over the Dow destroying Cork in 2018. He mentally destroyed them.

6 Likes