Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

That means there’ll be a high number of dead runners too. So given the cost for the clubs it’s fairly unfair.

Cover the costs anyway. And maybe some more.

I need to make a bit too :eyes:

Fuck up out of it …

I don’t think this really matters for club sponsors, most if not all club sponsors would be some way connected with the club and would be doing it out of the goodness of their heart rather than to gain any financial benefit.

Laois are continuing with promotion relegation.

If a player is suspected of Covid, they have five days to perform any testing from the date of original fixture. Should this come back negative you plough on, otherwise you forfeit.

If there’s a forfeit, that’s where shit will get interesting.

No club should be punished for any CoVid related issue, asking for trouble!!

How many pubs sponsor club jerseys that are currently closed? A fair portion I reckon.

I think for a make shift championship with no fans and factoring in the costs to clubs which are usually tight for money it’s a bit pointless.

1 Like

That’s a mad idea. Not fair on clubs at all.

1. It’s not all about money or cost
  2. It’s typical of a person who either never played it or played it years ago but was utterly shite to come out with a statement like “If there’s no spectators, what’s the point?” :laughing: Most club players couldn’t give 2 fucks whether or not Jimmy and Breda can’t go to the match ffs :rollseyes: They want to play and couldn’t give a fuck who is there.
9 Likes

All the secondary stuff is more important than the games themselves. Apparently :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Clubs don’t run on what players give a fuck about. Communities fund their clubs.

The cost of running adult teams is ridiculous now. Clubs are going to be pinched in every direction now and the main cost of every club is the adult team.

He must be watching too much soccer with the ‘football without fans is nothing’ one. Lads just want to play a bit of ball

Clubs don’t run at all without games

5 Likes

I imagine they’d enjoy their family there all the same. Nothing like talking shite about the game after with the auld folks and siblings in the kitchen I found.

1 Like

I understand lads want to play. Clubs are paying coaches 150 euro a night training for sham championships.

There is no comparison with professional sport.

Ah here, if you catch a fella waving at mammy and daddy during a match you’d be hunting him out the gate

At least if the games can go ahead the young fella can tell his family about the game, or for the streamed ones, they’ll watch it. Hard to talk about the game if it there isn’t any game

The whole point of club gaa is it’s community based. You are taking the community away, you are basically turning the championships into a sham for the same cost while any sponsors and what not are under incredible pressure trying to save their business. It stinks really.

How did you take that from what I said?!

Saying that, my missus took a picture of the young fella playing go games once. When we looked back at it later we saw him, right in the middle of your usual ruck, looking right at the camera and giving the big wave :smiley:

Ah I don’t mind playing it given the current circumstances, it’s good to be able to give young lads the ability to play and train and all the good that comes from it. Shur lads play Junior B all around the country in front of no one and don’t think much worse of it.

Just don’t try tell me they don’t give a fuck if family can’t come.