Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

It’s beyond believe the gaa went for this. Absolutely shocking and they have completely fucked over the clubs yet again. The whole thing is a shambles.

Will you ever go away and cop on to fuck . The GAA in the free state were given a bad hand and did the best they could to keep clubs going over 3 months .

That in itself is success . At this stage the GAA did ok from a bad hand and anything in the Inter county season is now a bonus .

4 Likes

By shafting the clubs to facilitate the inter county season ? The inter county season is a tricky one but there is a tv deal to honour so that money is huge. The clubs are community based and games shouldn’t have been played until crowds of say 500 were allowed. I think 500 is a fair number and would easily be spread out at a pitch. It would also be an easy way to bank money. Fundraising is going to be very tough for most clubs next year. I haven’t seen it confirmed but appears crowds of 500 will be allowed backed soon just as the club season in most counties is finishing up.

Tell @Aristotle the games shouldn’t have been played

4 Likes

No games should have been played without crowds. Some people fail to look beyond the here and now.

Go to bed and sleep off the Blue Nun

2 Likes

I would give so much to feel that come Sunday. The loss at the hands of Glenroe last year was gut wrenching to say the least, and losing two in a row with the depth of talent that is coming through would be tough. I have full confidence in our lads but it would mean so much to so many people in the club for us to promote to Premier Intermediate.

The Hurley’s as one deserve it for putting so much work in down through the years for NCW to be remotely competitive at this level

1 Like

It would be really good for Limerick Hurling for NCW to win next weekend

4 Likes

Especially when the alternative is NAPs second team

1 Like

No club, nor club member in the GAA was shafted.

The best was made of a bad situation.

Great to see lads out and kicking and pucking regardless of winning or losing Championships.

4 Likes

I hope your hurling is better than your grammar.

And you a city man. Shameful post.

1 Like

Who will win the Limerick Senior Hurling Final?

• Doon
  • NaP

0 voters

Us Ballinacurra Gaels men are sick of NAPs shit

6 Likes

It would be stranger for an NCW man to have good grammar.

I assume you mean who do people want to win?

Is there momentum behind hurling now in ncw underage? Do you see a string good underage teams coming out of Newcastle west ?

It’s mad the way the game died in the town. I’m fairly sure a fella from Newcastle west captained one of the all Ireland winning teams in and around 1910. When were Newcastle west last senior?

1 Like

I would assume no such thing, @Batigol is a man who likes to deal in cold hard facts.

I voted with my head anyways. (I literally smashed my face off the screen. It took a few goes)

2 Likes

With the population they should definitely be moving up the grades, even with the competing interests of soccer, rugby and Gaelic football.

It was a hurling black spot for years but they are definitely on an upward trajectory. When much smaller surrounding clubs like Knockaderry, Feohanagh, G/B etc can produce an intercounty player there’s no reason NCW should not be doing the same. Even Monagea had John Flavin on the panel for a while.

Paul O’Grady is getting a tune out of them, whatever he’s doing. Nothing against Na Piarsaigh but winning an intermediate wouldn’t mean a whole lot to the club as a whole, bar to the squad itself. Would be massive for NCW though.

1 Like

A high-profile county hurler involved would do wonders for their underage aswell, you’d imagine. They’ve been producing decent talents in fairness; Nix & Hurley recently; you’d imagine it’s only a matter of time.

1 Like