Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

There seems to be. There is much more interest in the town over the last few years. We have serious sides from last years minor to u14 this year - a five year span of talented players. The limerick minors have two more this year, one is Ethan Hurley tbf. But con Hayes is a serious hurler who will be on it next year. Our u16 this year have a great chance of winning the premier, they won the 15s last year I recall.

@dodgy_keeper it would be a huge boost, the hurlers are getting much more support and there is great work being done by the coaches in adult and juvenile areas. I would be wary about Nap as they are flying, but regardless of the outcome there is an upward curve with hurling in the town. This group of young lads from the age of 19 to 15 will hopefully have a massive impact on the adult successes in the coming years

2 Likes

Diarmaid Kelly is the man at the moment, although didn’t play county minor he was certainly good enough. He would have started for that team in 2016 if he wasn’t the football captain.

Are Doon missing Richie McCarthy and Darragh O’ Donovan for the county final? Decent going to even reach it without two county men.

Richie Mc is some man for one man but even playing for two clubs is beyond him.

1 Like

They’ve been missing Richie Mc for the last 30+ years.

Richie English sorry😂

Fuck it, I coulda really gotten behind Doon

County final televised on rte

The hurling captain mentioned for 1918 was Willie Hough of monagea

Saw a clip of Pat Ryan Simon on Instagram. Jesus he got an outrageous point against Kilmallock

Was he hurling with Newcastle west?

Was he playing on the 40 as listed on the program? Could he be an intercounty option in a floating prime Richie Hogan type role as envisaged by @BruidheanChaorthainn for P Casey.

Arguably O’Reilly is ahead as an option for the pacey corner forward sub role?

Ryan fared well alongside O’Donovan for the U21s and picked off a few scores but mightn’t have the subtlety in the crowded middle third at senior intercounty

Always feel with pat ryan he’s very good running onto a ball but when the ball is played into him he struggles.

Plenty of options in his area of the squad as well.

There’s lots to like about the current limerick squad but seeing a fair few of them really turn it on for their clubs is great. That wasn’t always the case in the past.

He doesn’t like the rough stuff. McDonnell roasted him in a league game in 2019 and he wasnt seen much after it

1 Like

For me the single greatest moment following limerick gaa was him lobbing Anthony Nash in the all Ireland semi final. He can do what he wants from now on. I’ll always be grateful.

13 Likes

The single greatest moment for me was when teege gave that cunt gardiner a dig up under the chin

1 Like
1 Like

Thats the end of Claughaun so

“They’d lose their identity” was the excuse. I see they gave 2 walkover a in minor football at the weekend.

Fuck them. They think they’re too big for that. That’ll kill them off and what identity will they have then

1 Like