Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

3-23 to 0-20 or something like that. It was level at half time before they pulled away. Don’t think 11 or 12 points is an accurate reflection of the gap between the sides.

Really high standard for the most part.

Day reckon it was anything close to the Cork minor final? I heard that was unrale. Like savage. Pure Cork.

Going for a Doon win in senior final.they are much better than two years ago when they fell into the final…even without the two county lads.they seem to be mad hungry to finally get over the line…their forwards are playing very well also…

Na piarsaigh will be very eager to get over the line. They wont want to let it behind them!

The difference as well this year is the young lads coming through. They were extremely reliant on the county boys in 18, and obviously this year they are huge losses. However, the likes of Jack Ryan, Chris Thomas, Eddie Stokes, Adam English (not sure how much he has played but he’s an outstanding talent), Mikey O’Brien add something really fresh and have the chance to make a big difference on Saturday evening.

Can’t see past NAP myself. Think the Killmallock game was the kick in the hole they needed.
Pity Doon don’t have the two boys. I’d fancy them then

Should be some battle I’ll be the first to doff the cap @balbec if they do it.

1 Like

Regardless what happens at the weekend that is a serious crop coming through and they ought to win one soon, they should be better again in a year or two with the young lads more experienced and the two county men back.

3 Likes

No guarantees in this game a few were on here before the AI in 2018 saying we’ve a young team if it’s not this year we’ll win one the next few years. I’m sure Waterford thought the same after losing in 2017 and they’ve been a basket case since. Although I’m a staunch NaP man if I was in the Doon camp I’d be going it’s now or never. Carpe Diem.

4 Likes

You reckon?

Na P will want to beat Doon . Always will since 2016

How can you really be sure? You don’t reckon a part of them would want Doon to beat them?

2 Likes

I missed the word “really” here .

Doon have a right chance. They aren’t the same animal without the Dow.

That’s an amazing result by Ballybrown In the minor. It’s some village for hurling in fairness to them. Very tricky to beat Mungret/nap/doon at underage.

I give Doon a decent chance . Probably have better spread of technical hurlers but will be really up against it physically .

I wish both teams well but it would be lovely to see Doon prevail

You’ve to take your chances when you get them

English not eligible yet but will be a serious addition next year. And even moreso when he fills out.

Very high standard of performance from Doon in the semi-final and Tony Ward appears to be an impressive character, but I suspect last week may have been their final and they may finally feel the loss of O’Donovan and English.

You’d suspect English would have been tasked with Peter Casey and Donovans delivery into the forwards will always be missed at that level.

Breen and Casey are almost impossible to deal with at club level and will O’Donoghue is in imperious form. Plus the backs for na piarsaigh wont give you anything handy and have tonnes of experience and know how with king and Dempsey back

1 Like