Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

Ya, O’Donoghue is in brilliant form. Big plus for Na Piarsaigh last week was a couple of points both from him and Grimes when Casey and Breen were kept relatively quiet scoring wise.

Forget about it.

NaP by 8+

Last week you described the nap management as a clown. You make out this week they are unbeatable.

I was having a dig at Kieran.

They are very beatable. They are nowhere near the force they were

For sure there have been a few false dawns and there has often been a crop touted as great coming through at Doon. But I don’t think they’ve ever had a young crop around 18-19 coming through together that has numerous inter county standard hurlers in their prime to mix with - Richie, O’Donovan, Pat Ryan, Barry Murphy, Mikey O’Brien are five that are in the Limerick senior set up or have been at some point since 2018. They never had that before, there might be one star or max two at the club who was a current Limerick senior panelist. If they won one they could win a few over the next decade that’s the funny thing. Dowling and Downes missing does level the playing field a small little bit but I still think Na Piarsaigh have too much depth every where else. Would love it if Doon won they deserve it as a club and be great for hurling in the county.

1 Like

Any club team , nay any county team, would be hugely weakened by them 2 . That said I give Doon a chance albeit that I fancy Na P . Dowling and Downes will also be big loss

1 Like

Yeah would agree would you there in that they
are producing a stream and will be there or thereabouts over the next few years. The Well
and Kilmallock seem to be going a bit stale in terms of younger talent. We need the Doons, Mungret, etc to be a production line as much as possible. What’s the story with Monaleen? Big catchment area they should really be making a bigger impact than they are.

I predict Doon will win an all ireland club in the next 5 years. Ive seen a bit of them on tv, play a lovely style of hurling and have a good bit of cut about them.

1 Like

Steady on. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Actually if any Limerick club do it in next decade it will probably be Doon . They are very strong at all levels now .

Doon will go mad after winning a country title. They mightn’t calm down for a decade after it.

4 Likes

Kiely could do worse than having a look at Grimes. A serious athlete and was brilliant at u21 level for limerick

1 Like

There’s a real opportunity for Doon to win a few county’s over the coming years if they can get the monkey off their backs of their first one. Kilmallock look like they haven’t much coming through (although that can change quickly back there) and Na Piarsaigh will soon be coming to the end of their golden era, lot of their elder statesmen have a lot of miles on the clock and some are already gone or near the end. Don’t think they’ve another special crop coming through that’ll keep them at the top? Patrickswell will have another decade in the top two however as their best guys still have plenty left in the tank and you’ve the Kirbys etc coming through. Monaleen do appear to be taking a while to come to the top, the demographics are still young out there though, another decade will tell a lot.

1 Like

If Doon and the Well tell you anything it’s that numbers aren’t everything

I think you are spot on here about Doon having the material to win a fee and that they will do so.
It will take another year or two to get through the gap.

1 Like

Two seriously admirable clubs in my view.

3 Likes

We will never have a crop like we had but hopefully weight of numbers should keep us competitive. For Doon the key is to win one and then they should thrive after that.

2 Likes

Im telling you. As good a club team as ive seen in a while. Lads here say their is loads of more talent to come with it.

The first one is the hardest

Traditional hurling areas smallish numbers but with good structures can thrive .

Big urban areas with good structures have a chance .