Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

If ye really want to run, ye should run up that score. But you’d just be ruining the fun for the rest of us.

Some thump off this

2 Likes

A nasty stroke

Where are all @Aristotle’s posts gone ?

Now that’s a pull

1 Like

I’m led to believe cathal o neill is switching to Mungret.

Gavin hasn’t trained since

The Well will be seething if true

Lynch needs to be sectioned

I didn’t know mungret and crecora were the same parish which presumably makes transferring much easier.

2 Likes

was it a full extension?

1 Like

Would have been 3 months ban under old rules

Just the 7 goals by Bryan Nix in the minor west semi final tonight.

2 Likes

A very good hurler. He showed glimpses of what he’s capable of with the Limerick minor hurlers last year. He’ll definitely be on the Limerick U20 hurling panel next year.

1 Like

Not a great sign for Kilmallock if they allowed him to do that and barely reacted to have a go at him

It’s back to the big ball this week, the last round of fixtures of the group stages in both senior & intermediate, at both ends of the table.

Senior Football Championship Group 1
Saturday August 24
Adare vs Ballylanders @6pm in Bruff
Ballysteen vs St. Senan’s @6pm in Newcastlewest
Fr. Casey’s vs Monaleen @6pm in Adare

The Group 1 matches are on Saturday evening, with Adare already sure of a semi-final place. Technically, 4 of the other teams in the group could still make a quarter-final, although Monaleen would need an unlikely sequence of results to overturn points difference on Ballysteen. St. Senan’s are going to be in the relegation play-off no matter what. A win for Ballysteen over Senan’s should be enough to put them through, and to be honest, it should be enough for Casey’s too as Ballylanders do have a heavy points difference to turn around with the champions to play.

I think Ballysteen will beat Senan’s, I think Adare will do the business against Ballylanders which would really mean that the Fr. Casey’s vs Monaleen game is irrelevant. It’s been a very poor year for Monaleen, yet a one-point loss to Ballylanders in the last game is probably going to define their season. I wouldn’t be surprised if this one is actually a draw.

Senior Football Championship Group 2
Sunday August 25
Drom/Broadford vs Na Piarsaigh @6pm in Ballingarry
Galbally vs St. Kieran’s @6pm in Bruff
Newcastlewest vs Oola @6pm in Martinstown

Plenty of permutations in this group, mainly in terms of the relegation play-off! First and foremost, NCW & Oola go head-to-head for top spot in the group. Both are already through, 4 wins from 4 and the winner will go straight through to the semi-final, the loser to the quarter-final. Oola have scored 13 goals in 4 games and rely on that firepower, maybe the townies are a bit better balanced. I’ll go with NCW to get the win here.

Drom are the only side that can’t join those two in the knockouts. Any result for St. Kieran’s against Galbally would put them through. If Galbally win, they need D/B to get something against NaP to prevent it going to score difference. In terms of relegation, Kieran’s are safe but all of the other 3 could go into that play-off. It’s been an absolute disaster of a season for Drom/Broadford, having lost all their games so far and losing by 8 to a Galbally side who had also lost all their games last day out. Even if the win; they might still end up in the relegation play-off if Kieran’s beat Galbally and they don’t make up the score difference.

To be absolutely certain of safety, Drom/Broadford have to beat Na Piarsaigh by at least 11 points. Other things could swing their way but that much is in their own hands. The word is that none of the big hurlers will be playing for NaP. I fancy D/B to get the win but I don’t know if they’ll run up a score. Kieran’s vs Galbally is a very tough one to call, Galbally have been very strong since the break and it’d be no surprise if they won (which would send them through), but I’m going to tip Kieran’s to edge it.

Intermediate Football Championship Group 1
Saturday August 24
Athea vs Bruff @6pm in Feenagh
Claughaun vs St. Patrick’s @6pm in Ballybrown
Pallasgreen vs Rathkeale @6pm in Kilmallock

The top 3 is decided here, just the order to be decided on. A nice townie battle between Claughaun & Pat’s to decide top spot, Pat’s “surprising” loss to Bruff the last day out means they have to win this one to be sure of a semi-final. Claughaun have had a 3-point, 2-point and a 1-point win as well as a draw. They’ve come out on the right side of these battles but I think Pat’s might get the better of them. Rathkeale are sure of a quarter-final spot, so this match means a lot more to Pallasgreen who can still be relegated. Rathkeale are definitely a better footballing outfit than Pallas, so it might depend how much they want it. I’m going to tip Pallasgreen to get something here. That would mean that Athea vs Bruff is a fight to see who is in the relegation play-off. I just think Athea are a better side and will get the win which would consign Bruff to the play-off even if Pallasgreen lose (as Pallasgreen have them on head-to-head).

Intermediate Football Championship Group 2
Sunday August 25
Galtee Gaels vs Gerald Griffins @6pm in Feenagh
Glin vs Mungret @6pm in Askeaton
Kildimo/Pallaskenry vs Mountcollins @6pm in Newcastlewest

The top 3 in this group are also decided but top spot is still to be decided. Wins for Galtee Gaels and Mungret would mean it comes down to score difference. If Gerald Griffins get something against Galtee Gaels, then Mungret would only need to win to make a semi-final. For Gerald Griffins to top the group, they would need to win and for Mungret to lose.

All 3 of the other teams can still technically end up in the relegation play-off. We beat Glin and face Mountcollins needing to win to be absolutely sure of avoiding it. Were we to lose, we would be hoping that Mungret beat Glin, in which case it would go to score difference, where we’d probably be alright. But winning would put us 4th and safe, no questions asked. I do think Mungret will beat Glin anyway, the other match is harder to call, Galtee Gaels were definiteley a lot more impressive against us so I’ll go for them.

In summary:

Senior- Adare, Ballysteen, Draw, Drom/Broadford, St. Kieran’s, NCW
Intermediate- Athea, St. Patrick’s, Pallasgreen, Galtee Gaels, Mungret

As an added bonus, there are also junior football matches this weekend. Last year’s finalists play Cappagh in Group 1, another loss to Cappagh would put them under a lot of pressure. Ballybrown play NCW2 aswell.

Knockane have pulled out in Group 2 which kinda makes a fuck of it, with 3 teams to progress, I think. A win for Drom’s second team over Monaleen would put them through already.

Croom already beat Kilteely/Dromkeen very handily in Group 3, I’d have had them as two of the favourites. Croom should beat Crecora this week, and K/D will be hoping to bounce back with a win over Oola2 (who also lost to Croom, albeit by a smalle margin).

In the 4th group, Castlemahon should beat Bruree handily to go 3 from 3. Monagea play Ballybricken/Bohermore but should make the knockouts.

5 Likes

He got the first belt.

Did he even connec? You have to be sure to send a lad off in a big game like that.

1 Like

Ah he did

We’d need a few more camera angles to be sure to be sure, there might be enough of a grey area there.