Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

Twas more of a flick than a belt

Kilmallock have decided to wake up in the West, 4-18 to 1-12 over Monagea in the quarter-final. Will play Killeedy in the semi-final, but also into the county quarter-final regardless.

Croagh/Kilfinny edged Feenagh/Kilmeedy by a point in the other quarter-final, they’ll play Castletown/Ballyagran.

We have a few lads back from America. Ye had ye’re fun with us. Now it’s showtime!

@Aristotle is not a West man. He’s not Willie Griffin :eek:

1 Like

If ye can beat Kileedy ye won’t be far off. I’d have them as the top team in the West

Soft underbelly there that will be shown up. Again.

:grimacing:

Did Kilmallock win a Minor football championship just for the craic in relatively recent history?

You could pick 15 lads out of a pub in Kilmallock to win that championship for fuck sake

Premier?!

They did . It was a cause of much embarrassment .

It’s going back 10 years at this stage I’d say.
Possibly contested 2 premier minor finals in a row, winning one of them. Then disbanded the team (told them go back to their own clubs).

4 Likes

From their website:

Minor Football 4 -1987,2005, 2008,2010

They did win the minor football in 1987 . Beat NCW in the final I think . That was the mike houlihan team .

We’ve won four. 1987, 2005, 2008, 2010. Doubles with hurling in 2005 and 2010. Two under 21 and three Senior titles. The likes of @TreatyStones would kill for a role of honour like that.

Pick em up at the cross and away we go!

They were nearly better footballers than hurlers

We had a Kerryman in the set up in those days.

Probably the only minor hurling team in history to win a limerick minor hurling championship on their home pitch .

1987.ciaran was in goal for the Well in the Senior final.

1 Like