Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

You are very knowledgeable on gaa but you seem fooled by some of these gaa coaches and what not. Plenty of them are spoofers. Getting that tipp team fit and out of trouble is half the battle. If a dressing room is player led like say Dublin then the manager just needs to get out of the way.

Eamon fitz won an all ireland with Kerry and was meant to be totally clueless.

French rugby team got to a rugby world cup final in 2011 and none of the players were talking to the managers.

Believe me, I know plenty are spoofers :smile:

But All-Irelands are not easily won, no matter what anyone tells you. Having a player-led team is a great thing if it works but a manager has to be able to facilitate that too. A real spoofer will try and imprint their “stamp” on the team to try and show how great they are.

I’ve seen badly coached teams at the highest level (and lower levels), I’ve seen teams set up very badly tactically… Tipp were neither in 2016. I’ve also seen the influence a good coach can have.

Even the best players need direction at times. (Although obviously having on-field leaders is absolutely huge, and you won’t win much without them).

I’m not an expert on S&C by any means but obviously you need someone who can get your team in the best shape possible, with minimal injuries. But again, the manager is the one who pulls together the backroom team.

2 Likes

Who is running your inter hurlers this year?

There’s a lot of truth to what your saying obviously but winning a once off all ireland with that tipp squad doesn’t prove your not a spoofer. Look how it ended for a finish.

Chris Sexton & Peter Finn

1 Like

Ah here

Huh?

Who’s training the footballers? Or do they train?

Ballysteen vs NCW 3 O’Clock in MNP on the 07/09
Caseys vs Kierans in NCW @ 5.30 same day.

Not sure why they didn’t go for a double header somewhere might have brought in a few more.

Adare vs Ballysteen/NCW is one semi (in either MNP or NCW depending)
Oola vs Kierans/Casey’s the other (in Killmallock) according to 95 fm.
Both on the 22nd of September.

I thought the semi final draw might be depending on results to avoid repeats but apparently not.
Mildly interestingly* while checking if this was the case in previous years I had to go back to 2011 to find a year where there weren’t three teams from one group that made the semi finals, and in that year both sides played teams from their own group as third places from both sides came through.

Only twice in the 11 years milford man has results up for have the two group toppers met in the final 13 & 08.
5 Group winners have won it out in that time, 4 teams who came third in the group and only 2 who came second.

I’m a busy man today :smiley:

*Probably not even mildly interesting

1 Like

Relegation
Dromcollogher Broadford v St Senans 14/09 NCW 5pm

They had more trainings than last year! But not a whole pile.

Mark Lane & Killian O’Leary are over them.

Are the inter football fixtures available?

2 Likes

West double header in NCW.

I’d totally forgotten Peter Casey won back the ball for the dows goal in the all ireland final. He was directly responsible for our final 1-1 in the final. He was key to about 4 points v cork in the semi Either assisting or winning the frees. He also got key scores v kk too and assisted a beaut for the dow. He done something similar for Kyle’s goal in the Munster final as he did in the all ireland. His ability to win balls off defenders is uneal. For whatever reason Peter and the dow didn’t click this season to the same level as last season. We need to get these two working together again as they devastating. Was Dowling on v kk for long before Casey went off? Sometimes certain players link better than others and these are definitely two. Its little things like that we need to rediscover next year.

Hegarty v Childs will be off the chain in Kilbreedy.

Cc @Crutches

1 Like

What’s going on in the East Championship?? Why haven’t they played the semis?

Limerick GAA Monday Results
Monday 26th August
City GAA
Patsy Nicholas Bar Gerald Griffin St.
JAHC
Mungret/St. Paul’s received walkover from Monaleen

:rage::rage: