Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

I’d heard Glin were thinking of volunteering to go down to junior.

Great write up there as ever @Aristotle - it’s only championship weekend when your analysis and predictions are up. Superb.

Crazy odds on a few of those matches there.

NCW are the bet of the weekend, not seen Tour in the flesh yet this year but with the suspensions they’ll surely be struggling for numbers. Was impressed by NCW against Feohanagh, a few nice young hurlers coming through. Win and they are in the quarter finals - that should be motivation enough. Due to the man in the middle it’ll be a free fest though and little flow to it.

Was hoping we’d be around 4/5 and might have been worth a bet but it’s ludicrous we’re a 1/6 shot. It’s proper knock out, winner takes all. It’ll be like a home game for Hospital with it being on in Kilfinane but cautiously optimistic all the same. Hospital stunned Glenroe a couple of weeks back, it’s going to be a battle.

Monaleen are way over priced at 21/10 but I’d fancy Ballybrown to be honest.

It’s a pity so many matches are clashing. Would liked to have taken a few more of them in.

The West Junior semis are going to be sensational. They could nearly do with a thread of their own. Hoping to make Drom on Sunday evening, all things going well.

3 Likes

Glin are in a bad way.
Athea will win

I guess senans will go down also. Bad week for northwest limerick

Jaysus I don’t know, Drom are fairly shocking too. I think it will be a good, tight game though

Fantastic analysis as per :clap: where would we be without you :joy:

1 Like
2 Likes

Nice spread of clubs across the board

Only one from Kilmallock

Bruff 1-10 Mungret 0-05 HT

1 Like

Have Knockainey any players that might play for Limerick in future? For a club that’s always surviving in the senior ranks, they don’t offer much to Limerick hurling squads, senior or indeed underage from what I can see. I suppose the last great player they had that was fit to play for Limerick was Patrick Kirby but is there anyone on the horizon maybe in future? @aristotle @dodgy_keeper

Jack o grady. Ballybrown are a worse case. They appear to have an anti limerick agenda.

Mungret 3 plus a lot to 1-13 FT

Very strong wind

Must have been a hurricane! Limerick twitter had Bruff 1-11 to 0-5 ahead at the half.

Just back from Mick Neville Park.

Astonishing turnaround as the city men romp to a comfortable victory that seemed improbable at the short whistle. Mungret 3-17 Bruff 1-13.

Your classic game of two halves. Bruff much the superior outfit in the opening half. The ever lively Kyle Dillon was a constant menace and helped create a goal for Bradley McNamara. Pretty much one way traffic, Finn cleared a world of ball and there was little warning of what lay ahead.

Mungret were transformed upon the resumption. Took over in every line on the field. Majestic captain Cian O’Brien led by example and threw over a few inspirational points as they gradually ate into the deficit. Conor Hellewell smashed in a goal and from then on the result was never in doubt. Niall Mulcahy in the corner clipped over a few lovely points before Liam Harrington bagged their second goal to push them six clear. Hellewell’s second goal in stoppage time was the icing on the cake. Conor Flahive excellent at corner back.

Shell shocked Bruff - sporting a smashing navy alternative kit due to a colour clash - could only manage a couple of points in the second half, one of those a free. Just got swamped all over, there was a breeze but it wasn’t that significant as to justify an 18 or 19 point turnaround.

Mungret up to second in the group and will fancy their chances of beating the Pallastinians next week to secure a knock out spot.

Clarkey was beside me, at full time he had the look of a man who knew his takings would be down tonight as disappointed Bruff supporters wouldn’t be in the mood for pints after that setback.

The Adare bypass and Limerick - Cork motorway will be built before that stand in MNP ever sees the light of day.

7 Likes

Hit and miss, pal!

Better than it was a few years back anyway.

He’ll be fine. We’re playing in Bruff this weekend.

Some turnaround! Just based on the two games against ourselves, I thought Bruff were slightly better. Certainly didn’t see a 9-point defeat. That’s 3 losses on the bounce for them, Brian Finn is an awful loss I think. How was Browney?

Great win for Mungret; some of their earlier performances were less than convincing but that’s a marker laid down and are pretty much guaranteed a semi-final spot again. Was Helewell at wing-forward again? Two goals isn’t bad going. How were Paul O’Brien & Rory Duff? I thought Flahive was poor enough against us but is obviously a talented young fella.

Bruff would need a lot of results to go their way for them to go through, very very disappointing for them after being finalists last year. They’re not completely out though and I suppose they have keep the confidence up, beat Cappamore and hope things go their way.

Jack O’Grady is their full-back and he was a very very good minor corner-back in 2015/2016. Never played 21s, I think he was away during the summer but he’s a nice, sticky player and tough as nails. He’s one of those that you’d think might make it especially as it’s an area where we lack a little cover.

His brother Mikey started for the U-20s this year and again, was a very good minor. Whether he’ll go all the way, I don’t know. Nice enough hurler alright.

Then there’s yer man Patrick Reale who was on the minors this year. I thought he was very impressive but he’s very young still.

They have a lot of fellas who are very decent club players like Kieran Cleary, Padraic Barron, Nigel Finch, Dermot Walsh and the likes but maybe lack that bit of star quality. Tough fuckers though.

EDIT- Kirby was class. Shame he never really fulfilled his potential on the county scene, I reckon if we had had stronger management teams that focused on feeding good ball into the forwards, he had a lot more in him.

3 Likes

Browney was so so in all honesty, I’d just fear if maybe the injuries have taken their toll. Think it was 09 Justin McCarthy called him in so he has a lot of hurling played. Magnificent servant and all but it might be tough for him to leapfrog WOD, DOD, Hanley and co to partner Lynch.

Hellewell had number 7 on his back but was wing forward alright, a big strong unit.

Young O’Brien had a disappointing night on the frees generally but was good from open play when they stuck him inside after the break, nabbed a couple from play.

Common sense refereeing display from Jason O’Mahony as ever.

3 Likes

Ye have Connery on the 14s and O’Brien on the 15s. That O’Brien is a super hurler, very classy.

We’ve got one on the 14 As, two on the 14 Bs and one on the 15 As. We’ve a very strong team around that age group, in both codes which is always good to see!

Rathkeale man on the 16s, strong NCW representation across the board

1 Like