Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

Yes but you’d be a very good example of the simpleton nature of the limerick supporters. John kiely ducked the Munster final In 2018 and done his best in 2019 to duck it. Even our manager has fuck all interest in it. We should have two Celtic crosses right now. Instead it’s tipp winning the all Ireland who of course won no Munster title.

One thing martin kiely; who’s a total simpleton doesn’t grasp is that Jp’s money can’t buy is hunger and a drive to be successful. Very few people can deal with the success and money and everything that goes with it. Extreme examples would be Floyd May weather and Conor mcgregor. Roy Keane and Stephen Ireland. I’d admire Tom Brady and his ability to reset after success. Keeps coming back for more and more. Once the hunger goes in a team it doesn’t matter who the coach is it doesn’t matter how much jp throws at it. You are at nothing. Limerick need to be careful or we will turn into Clare post 2013.

1 Like

Doesn’t matter who the coach is? Funny you would bring the Patriots qb into that conversation and not mention Bill belicheck, who has been winning with average teams and sub par players.

Has anyone mentioned that if we’re not careful we’ll end up like Clare post 2013🤔?

Yes but Brady stayed hungry. Patriots are a prime example of a team where hard work triumphs everything.

The Munster championship will be pointless next year . I think morale in Clare and Waterford is very low and I wouldn’t be surprised if there are more withdrawals if players sense there is a lot of effort for little reward .

I would think attendances will reflect this .

Can even see it already, people are picking and choosing their games. It’s pricey enough if you’ve a couple of kids in tow at every match.

2 Likes

Frankly unless there is improvement in Waterford I can’t see the point of going to watch them play Lk in GG . Also the Tipp game should be pointless . The thought of going to cork and Clare and beating the cunts appeals to be sure . A Munster final is a glorified challenge game .

1 Like

It’s still the Munster final. It’ll always have that hold, that history and nostalgia even with the reduced be-all and end-all in emphasis.

When we were beaten in Thurles I still wanted Clare to beat Cork so we’d be in it. I’m envious any year we are not in it, to be honest.

Of course if the current trend continues then it will become increasingly devalued. But as of now it’s still worth winning imo.

1 Like

If they made some tweak to improve the lot of the provincial winners it would go a long away. Having the provincial winners playing the Joe McDonagh teams in quarters the same weekend as the provincial losers play the 3rd placed teams would be a very good step imo.

Either way, I’m glad Limerick won the Munster Final and the NHL. I haven’t seen us win many of either. Nothing beats an All Ireland of course, but it was far from the worst year spent following the team. Here’s hoping we can retain our World Championship in two months time as well.

5 Likes

Spot on.

6/9 this week in the football which isn’t bad but the junior matches were gimmes for the most part. Got 2 tight senior matches right and 2 tight intermediate matches wrong.

A strong finish from NCW saw them beat Ballysteen. Iain Corbett standing up in the last 10 minutes by all accounts, young Nix getting a goal and proving that the big high ball on top of Mike Mac is always an option.

Kieran’s beat Casey’s as I expected, young John Hayes seemed to do a lot of damage for them. Be an interesting game between themselves and Oola, it’s been a while since either were in a county final.

In the Intermediate, the two teams from our group made the semis which I didn’t expect. Maybe our group was stronger than I thought… I certainly didn’t think Gerald Griffins were the kind of team to overturn a 7-point deficit in the last 15 minutes to win. Serious going against Rathkeale.

Apparently Pat’s were affected by soccer and Galtee Gaels took full advantage. Two interesting semis now, most people would have had Pat’s or Rathkeale as the favourites so we’ll have an outsider as the winner.

Got Ballylanders vs Ballybrown wrong in the football, thought Ballybrown might win that. Got all the others right… Croom are probably a good bet for the county, scored 6 goals against Liberties. Ahane only scored a single point against Monagea while Bruree did field and got the win, should see them into the knockouts.

The manager has no interest in qualifying for the competition. That tells you everything you need to know. I’d also have massive worries about not going out 100 percent to win games and it’s lasting effects on a squad. Galway last year threw a game v Monaghan and they’d an awful year. Tyrone this year done something similar v Dublin and limped out versus Kerry a week later.

Martin Kiely had nailed ot there.

He claims tipp copied limericks blue print. Has it dawned on Martin tipp won three all Ireland’s this decade and we won one. A complete ape.

Has the video of the skeping between Croom and Feonagh been posted?

Old news. Been reviewed days ago.

That big hape of shite went down fair easy.

He did — He was caught on the base of the neck but went down easy … @anon78624367 claims he could have been killed but I thought that was a bit of an over reaction.

The little fella knew where he was aiming alright, but even still. Did he get the line?