Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

No - Not even a free against him.

By God.

Just manly Limerick stuff.

Good luck tomorrow.

May the best team bring home the John O’Sullivan perpetual memorial cup.

Are you home for this @balbec

JP is swinging the private jet over for me this evening.

We will walk this.

There’s only one big Championship match tonight (I don’t think the county cup is going to draw many neutrals).

City Championship semi-final between Claughaun and Old Christians. The two sides have been joined at adult level over the past few years, competing at intermediate level, but Old Christians were competing on their own at junior level.

Then obviously they fucked it away in the second half of the relegation final despite being well up and were relegated.

So both teams are now competing on their own. The last couple of years has also seen a slight rise in the fortunes of Old Christians and a sharp decline in Claughaun. One great underage team for Christians has produced the likes of Kevin Howard, Ken Byrnes, Glenn Hannon and Dylan Blackhall, who all played underage for Limerick and who would have been the standout players in the combination. Claughaun are obviously a club with a big tradition but losing Limerick minor Cian Casey to Ahane will have been a blow and they haven’t really been producing hurlers (going well in the football though).

Two proud clubs, there’s more than a divisional final place at stake. Pride obviously but also a spot in the county knockouts which would be an achievement for either.

Old Christians won the group game by a goal but this is knockout hurling.

A ridiculously early start at 6pm in Mungret, I’ll head straight from work and hopefully make throw-in. Expecting a cracker.

Glen Hannon out I believe. Will be a big loss.

That’s a massive loss, he’s a fine hurler. Possibly unlucky not to have been with the 20s this year.

Drom Broadford 4/11
St Senans 5/2

Apparently D/B opened at 2/1 :hushed::hushed:

Patsy Coffey is reffing this :grimacing:

1 Like

If ye can hold Ian Ryan ye’ll beat them comfortably

Dylan Blackhall missing also. 5 each at HT, tame affair.

Half-time in the City Semi-final: Claughaun 0-5 Old Christians 0-5.

The quality is poor, I’ll say that from the off. An intriguing contest all the same, there’s a nice bit of needle to it as you’d expect.

Patsy Coffey is a poor poor ref and the game is lurching from one free to the next. Claughaun crowd irate as it looked as if he may have given a Claughaun point as a wide and a minute later given a point to Old Christians that looked wide.

Christians have Howard at centre-back and Byrnes in midfield. They have nothing up front. I don’t see Blackhall at all and Coates has done nothing at centre-forward. Howard got their only point from play.

Howard is head and shoulders the best player on the pitch but Claughaun look the better team. I think they’ll win unless Christians push Byrnes into attack.

Claughaun have a fella on the sideline who spent a couple of moments engaged in a shouting match with the Christians corner-forward on the opposite side of the pitch. He’s very very vocal whoever he is.

Does Patsy have umpires or linesmen with him?

Full complement. Stapleton & Hayes linesmen.

Chick Harty has just got a slap in the face, Patsy gave a free out originally.

Edit- He’s sticking with that decision :joy:

1 Like

They sure did!! :grimacing::grimacing:

Christians have just pushed Howard to midfield. They’re three down.