Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

Predictions for Senior club championship this weekend? Surely the well v na p final

The Well v NaP final.

3 Likes

Oola and Adare

1 Like

Claughaun in Inter

1 Like

Adare & Oola

2 Likes

Well in a tight game
Nap by at least 5 or 6
Adare by 5 or 6
Oola by 2 or 3 the following week

Bouncers in County Cup

Claughaun in inter football

KP and Mungret in the PIHC

1 Like

Kierans & the townies

Griffins & mungret

Mungret & pallaskenry

Glenroe & the townies

The well & nap

2 Likes

That’s 6/10 for last week, with 2 draws fucking me. Although the Well ended up hammering Mungret in the replay of the City Semi-Final this evening: 5-16 to 0-2. Presume Mungret struggled to field, what happened there @ciarancareyshurlingarmy?

Got the two senior games right. Hardly took a genius to predict those; but both were closer than expected. After Barry Sheedy, Ahane may have thought they had a great chance of sneaking it but seems like Kimallock stepped up a gear when they needed to. 5 points from Niall Moran is some going at his age. Doon also pressured by Ballybrown, but once the goal from Cormac Ryan went in, they were also able to see it through. Got 3 points in a row before half-time to cut the gap to 3 and people said that was a big psychological blow to Ballybrown.

In the Premier Intermediate, Blackrock beat Bruree very comfortably in the one winner-takes-all clash. They’ll be a force in the semi-finals, coming into it nicely now. In the dead rubber, Mungret only drew with Pallasgreen, I had them down for a win but always hard to tell with those type of games. We beat Dromin/Athlacca fairly comfortably despite conceding 3 goals; that result ended up knocking Dromin/Athlacca out and it means we now face Bruff in the semis, after they sneaked through with a win over Cappamore. Bruff become the first side ever to make a semi-final with only 7 points in the PIHC.

In the Intermediate, got the Effin vs NCW game badly wrong. I thought Effin would have too much firepower but they got hockeyed. NCW really in-form now and that’s a superb win. Shouldn’t fear anyone at this stage. NaP had just that bit too much for H/H, as expected.

In the junior, I did think that in the (South) West that Castletown/Ballyagran needed it that bit more and were in form, they got the win over Kilmallock. Patrickswell vs Mungret ended in a draw but as I said above, the Well are now through to play Claughaun in the final after an absolute annihilation tonight.

In the football relegation, Drom/Broadford came back from the dead to survive. I didn’t think they’d have to dig quite that deep to get the win but they’ve survived for another year and I guess that’s all that matters.

Still plenty of big hurling & football games to look forward to over the next few weekends. Senior hurling semi-finals should be interesting, that Championship really gets going now. In fact, you wouldn’t expect too many big margins at any grade from here on in bar the odd junior mismatch.

1 Like

I am waiting to find out as I am on the far side of Europe

NCW have plenty of firepower in their forward line. I reckon they’ll beat Croom too

There’ll be plenty needle in that one. Didn’t they flake the shit out of each other when they met back in the group stage?

NCW were missing 5 of the players now starting when they played in the group game. They had 2 players put off. I’m told they’ve really turned things round since.

They’ve never got it together for a real push. Football v Hurling stuff always rumbled in the background too. I think that has been put to bed this year. I’d fancy them to beat Croom.

The townie gene is never too far from the surface, though. O’Grady seems to have got a good handle on them though. They’ll give Croom loads of it.

1 Like

Senior silverware for bouncers this eve. Fair play a club on the up.

1 Like

Serious club. Huge future. Killmallock could be in trouble in the south.

And in the West Junior A Hurling Championship :grin:

1 Like

In fairness over the last few weeks I’ve had the pleasure of watching the killmallock under 16 team. They’ve a young fella o brien I think it is. Should be a star for the minors next year. Best underage player I’ve seen.

1 Like

Bullshit.

1 Like

He’s absolutely incredible in my opinion. Maybe not an out an out wristy hurler but an absolutely savage player. So so good aerially. He’ll make some player hopefully.

1 Like

Kilmallock are playing div 2 shield at u16. I’d have looked ok at that level and I couldn’t hurl spuds to ducks