Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

Ye had yere chance to beat the mushes and they loaded from liqour after a summer in the states .

If Feenagh do go up intermediate I wouldn’t be surprised to see enough them in a relegation final next year. There’s a few of them going to Australia . Will effect the Drom/Broadford football also

There’s so much deadwood in the intermediate it’s hard to go down.

1 Like

St. Pa’s kicking for home against Feenagh-Kilmeedy in the Junior semi-final. Up by 5 with 15 to go.

Comprehensive victory in the end for Pats.

We hit twenty wides yesterday. Glad to have a second chance.

Calvin Moran scored 2-6 for Pats, both goals from play, I think.

Brendan Mullins got 4, Pa Mullins got 1, Heg got 1.

Looks a strong team on paper- a half-back line of Cronin, Hegarty & Gearoid Phelan is a very decent platform to build on at that level and they would seem to have a bit more in attack this year with Moran there.

Any idea when the balbec are playing the mushes in the replay? I assume its midweek under lights as the county final is Sunday…

Be pushed now surely?

Munster Club championship first round is pencilled in for 29th October, so they have a bit of leeway. I’d imagine the replay will be next weekend, final the weekend after.

One of the lads told me it might be Saturday. Not ideal though.

Our relegation final will be pencilled in for Stephens Day sometime, hopefully before dinner.

1 Like

Can’t lads, a few of the Rathkeale lads will be coursing in South Clare that day

A worrying trend in Lk hurling if Kilmallock win the junior . It will be the second year running a super franchise club’s second team wins this title . The game is dying in the county despite a veneer at the top .

Great to see country pursuits dovetailing seemlessly .

Pretty much all participation sports are fucked.
Hurling is fucked, football is fucked, soccer is fucked

Football was always fucked in Limerick . The Desmond league is doing ok but lacks the comraderie of years past . The soup and sandwiches circuit is now over .

Desmond league is fucked. Outside of 3 or 4 teams who take it seriously the rest of it is a joke.

Not really, when we were in our pomp in the 90’s the Well had Senior, Intermediate & Junior A teams on the go. You’d expect a divisional outfit like Kilmallock to field at least two strong teams.
Need two up two down from Junior A. A lot of bad intermediate sides holding on up there, while a lot of decent junior A sides lose interest after they fail to make the breakthrough for a few years.
We also need a Junior C championship IMO.

2 Likes

We haven’t won the junior since 1956. It means a lot to us.