Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

You’re right. What is the government thinking building more houses. Eejits.

1 Like

The Limerick lower middle classes are seething.

No problem with the government funding constructuon of houses as they did in the past throught local authorities. The real issue is that they stopped doing it about 10 years ago. By delving into the market here where there will be a mix of private and public will have an adverse effect on the market in terms of supply.

So if the private sector start sitting on land in a sulk over social housing it should be compulsorily acquired off them.

@glasagusban has some cheek given that he and his neighbours have been engaged in an on-going campaign to prevent the council building social housing units in Clonmacken.

You won’t be happy until Limerick is dotted with Soviet style concrete towers

Building houses will adversely affect supply? Are you for fucking real???

This conversation should be elsewhere anyway.

Let’s get back on track, some quality scores in this, the two from downes in the first half and Mulcahys too, Dempseys goal is outrageous

Soviet Balblock.

Ooooft

No that is a different nut to crack. Screw them through planning. If the land is zoned for planning and services available then set up an escalating penalty through capital contributions that penalizes land hoarding. I have less of an issue with the housing but it has consequences on the market.

Announcing that you will build 850 houses when you don’t have the funding in place to do it will absolutely affect supply.
The private sector will hold off until they see how this pans out. I would rather they announce this and get on with it when they have the funding in place.

Do you think with the track record the Local Authority has in Limerick that you will see houses built in the next 5 years?

Up Na Piarsaigh

1 Like

Ah For FFS. Twenty Thirty is a good name for them, it be that long before they deliver houses if they continue to put out political statements with no substance behind it.

I’m pretty sure that is the exact reason for the name of the initiative.

Just about to head off for tonight’s double header in headquarters. Hopefully both will live up to previous days out. I feel like it’s going to be a cold one though.

Just heading out the door myself. Should be two good ones. Rathkeale and Murroe Boher to come through.

Both sides looking to run at the opposition whenever possible. A lot of pace on show. Hasn’t really caught fire yet though.

Phelim O’Reilly just scored a goal from the 65.

Appreciate the info, mate. Any scores perhaps?