Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

Very true Joe

I thought the style of hurling was decent tbh. Over-elaborated a few times, but was mostly fairly intelligent heads-up hurling and I would consider it positive in general.

2 Likes

We’re not playing them until round 4 at the end of February. They start against Tipperary, we’re away to Waterford.

Congratulations to you and the genuine Limerick supporters on today’s final win.

Great to read about such a good hardcore match attendance when some lads preferred to watch Munster on television.

Ah right, thought it was Clare v Wexford first up for some reason.

Munster’s 5th and 6th ranked hurling counties had a great day .

Aye and Kerry are probably up to 3rd after today

2 Likes

We’ll know how far they’ve come on the 4th of March

Limerick were comfortably the better of two awful teams.

Granted, it’s January hurling, but it was awful shite. Tom Condon is cooked as am inter-county defender. Byrnes hasm’t learned a jot in two years. Gearoid Hegarty? - God help us.

Positives - O’Meara has a cut and is worth more game time. O’Donovan, both Morrisseys and Flanagan put in a shift. Hickey was also very good. I thought. Also, that was pretty much Clare’s first team - they’re not that good.

Negatives - Too much gowling around with the ball at the back. Forwards have no hope with the delayed delivery they’re getting. Gillane can play one type of game only. Kinnerk appears an utter cunt. This team will get badly exposed in serious hurling.

Overall, we’re not great but Clare are worse.

2 Likes

No one disputing that

One thing boys . What was the forwards and mid field work rate like without the ball . Did they make it really hard for Clare ? This has been a big weakness over last few years .

I think you’re being harsh there. There is some truth there, but I thought there was definite more positive intentions than last year and no team hurling at this time of the year is any bit sharp. Things should speed up as conditions improve.

The same is true of Clare and I don’t know if we’ll be ready to go toe to toe with the likes of Tipp in the summer but you start with the attitude, work rate and gameplan at this time of year and see how it goes.

2 Likes

Attitude and workrate were good, to be fair. The gameplan is what will kill us.

I thought there was a noticeable improvement in workrate without the ball. A lot of lads looked out on their feet with ten to go,from both sides.

Clare were poor and had a fairly strong team out but it’s not all doom and gloom for them. I thought they had good displays from Frodo & Bilbo Baggins, Peregrin Took and Samwise Gamgee

5 Likes

Byrnes was our standout player in 2015, but he has regressed an awful lot. He’s incredibly wasteful with the ball. Dan Morrissey has hit a good vein of form, but is another player whose instinct is to run rather than deliver. I’d prefer if he stayed in the forwards but I can see Kyle Hayes getting redeployed, particularly with Hannon out for the majority of the league.

Byrnes was decent in 2016 but there was a lot of rough edges . Clare made a total hero of him the night in thurles .

He is back after a lost year and willl improve . He will be grand . Very early .

In January? G’way out of that :astonished:

2 Likes

Podge is absolutely sound and a smashing player, wish we had him.

Can you expand a bit? Overdoing short passing?

Gillane a super player but have my reservations that he’ll be ready to start this summer. Hegarty was lost in the inside line last year, I can’t understand why they’d put him there.

Sounds like Hickey did well at full back but O’Donnell is a different prospect on hard grand.

It was an observation, you banjo playing redneck little bollix

2 Likes

Tipp in two weeks. Awful. - 10 tipp get on.