Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

It was so sharp you should probably put it away til later in the year Einstein

It’s only a pre-season game mate, there’s no need to get yourself all worked up over it.

Good man

Can’t read much into today’s game - Clare were chronically abysmal and the conditions suited us for sure. Limerick for all possession and space we had in the forwards to create havoc we only scored 16 points (10 from play) and didn’t threaten a goal once. The league is the real test. I am worried about it being honest. I don’t think we have what it takes to get promoted. Highlight of my day was supermacs

Thanks for your comments Shane. Best of luck in the club All Ireland

8 Likes

We did miss a lot of chances, and the lack of a goal threat was a bit of a worry, even at this time of year. You could say that the Clare full-back line did an okay job in some senses, they pushed the Limerick forwards away from goal. There were a couple of times it did half open up but the final pass wasn’t good enough or we just weren’t ruthless enough. The one where Flanagan was fouled was probably the closest that we would have got. In defence of that, it really was a day for backs; all a back had to do was get a physical challenge in and it was unlikely the forward was picking it up first time. Once a ruck develops, very hard to create a goal chance.

I complain about refs as much as anyone, and I don’t think McAllister is a good ref, but some of the Clare fans around me seemed to be horrified that there were any sort of physical challenges going in. Were screaming for fellas to be sent off at fairly routine challenges, and couldn’t believe someone would lay their hands on poor Tony. There probably were a few dodgy challenges but in general, I just thought we were way more physical than them. If they were crying about that, imagine what it’ll be like if they come up against the monsters they’re producing in Galway these days.

1 Like

Sound mate, must sicken you that i have numerous county medals, munster club medals, all ireland club medal, munster senior medal, harty cups and an all star to my name and I’m still only in my early twenties.

6 Likes

Flanagan showed well totally agree with you on that one. Bigger tests lie ahead, today was a mickey mouse affair. shit hurling in shit conditions,

Tom Morrissey MOTM today - taken off in most u21 c’ship games last year - shit and muck suited him

Flanagan - sub on 21’s barely got a game - started well this year but let’s wait and see until we play a big team in a meaningful game - in somewhat decent conditions.

AS always you guys are getting carried away with a game in January

We need to improve and hopefully we do.

1 Like

Not one person here is getting carried away with the win. It’s the 15th of January.

Ye may as well stay at home Joe, Davy and Wexford will destroy ye.

Being quite busy with a couple of “things”, I’ve only seen scorelines for the last few games.
I’ve not had time even to make phonecalls to get the inside story, as I would usually do, due to the time taken up from staring into the abyss, etc etc.

SO, can someone confirm to here that, yes, this is in fact “our year” and we’re all set to conquer all and sundry?

2019 will be our year.
This year is just a stepping stone towards that.

Speak for yourself, I’m definitely getting carried away

2 Likes

I can see clearly into the future; 2020 is our year.

From Hogan Stand poster -

I thought O’Meara struggled and I’d be very surprised if he got game time during the league. Of our more experienced players on show, Browne was excellent in midfield but I was disappointed with Diarmaid Byrnes. Condon and Tom Morrissey had good games yesterday but I suspect the wet soggy weather suits them and that they could be exposed for pace on dry ground. Flanagan did well and I was very impressed with Gillane yesterday - I thought he would struggle physically this year but he gave as good as he got and showed graft to go with the abundance of skill at his disposal.

You can’t analyse a game like yesterday pre season

You can Joe. Clare are fucked.

2 Likes

Well if we are going on yesterday limerick for Liam not a hope in hell @ChocolateMice is even expecited about yesterday :joy::joy: By God

The Limerick Hoganstand forum is the absolute nadir of Internet GAA talk.

O’Meara was fine. Particularly since he was one of the least experienced players on show.

They’re all tapped over there