Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

Mary I wimt win this year @ChocolateMice

@manbehindthewire who are these lads:

Shane Cusack
Edward Sheehy
Shane Doherty (NCW?)
Mickey Morrissey
Colm McSweeney

Morrissey is Mikey from Rathkeale Iā€™d presume?

Centre forward

Ya young fella. Was on the 21s team a few years

Adare
G/B
Possibly Adare
Rathkeale
No idea

A quick google suggests Edward Sheehy is from team GB which is pretty phenomenal considering the lazy cunts are down Junior B

1 Like

Has been on the U21 team the last couple of years. Not a bad corner back but not up to senior standard yet. Seen him playing Junior B this year and now that I think of it, heā€™s no where near it!

Some going for him to get that far with the complete apathy they have for football. I donā€™t even think they train? @dodgy_keeper

I could never understand how they couldnā€™t / didnā€™t want to put together a competitive football team.

Sure theyā€™ve no business being down Junior B, theyā€™d comfortably be a decent Junior A side, if not better, but theyā€™ve no interest.

Shocking, 30 posts or so about the limerick football team and no digs at the hurling team.

ā€˜ā€˜Tis early yet . When we fail to beat Laois by 30 points plus on Sunday there will be rantings here that we are going nowhere .

The King is back mate.

1 Like

Is Shane Cusack not from Monaleen?
Sheehy is G/B, was U-21 last year, good corner-back.
I donā€™t know about Doherty, I thought he was one of those young Adare fellas.
Morrissey is Rathkeale.
McSweeney is Gerald Griffins.

Cusack is Monaleen you are correct.

Absolutely not. Training for football? Are you mad?

When we were trying to get up out of intermediate years in hurling ago we were going well in the football simultaneously. Anyway coming up to the hurling county quarter or semi final one of the best players on the hurling team got injured playing football. The auld lads in the club (including d-k senior) were livid. That pretty much put an end to football.

New manager in for the junior Bā€™s this year but interest (in terms of fulfilling fixtures) will only turn to that once the hurlers have secured safety and avoided the drop to junior.

Pity really, the bones of a good football team there over the last decade but no interest. Got to a county football semi at junior a few years back. Was played on a Sunday morning, the day after a big GAA wedding in the parish. Lads who were in the residents bar enjoying themselves ended up playing only a few hours later. Only narrowly beaten too. The crowd that beat us went on to win it.

Ed is from the Granagh side. Surprised heā€™s on the panel in all honesty.

Football is frowned upon in the other side of the parish. :slight_smile:

Johnny Mac and Seanie Buckley retirements confirmed in the Leader.

Johnny Mac was one of the best backs I have ever seen play. Snuffed out some of the best forwards around. A warrior, a great servant and heā€™ll be sorely missed.

Buckley was a fine forward, a real leader too. Some man for kicking ridiculous points from distance when we needed them most. Injuries hurt him in recent years, and like McCarthy and others from that generation, surely deserved more than a Division 4 title.

4 Likes

SHAne Doherty would be 26 or 27 is from ballingary I think but plays with adare. Outstanding soccer player.

1 Like

Anyone from St Pats good enough for the senior football panel