Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

The fixture congestion with that format would have been ridiculous, they find it hard to play off the format thats there, not to mind starting another group based Championship after the Divisional championships.

All County 4 groups of 6 or 7 teams is the only way to go

If your playing in the lower sections it might suit (and be more of a spectacle) if you didnt have a ref.

Is 1 to 15 the starting team ??

It would appear so

3 to 18

Yes . This thing so far this year where they say the limerick panel is annoying . Just give the fucking team and subs .

The Leader are going with the 1 to 15 anyway

Seamus Hickey named at full back is worrying regardless of the fifteen or so absentees.

Why arent they letting Richie English have a go at it.

1 Like

While the evolution of the game means it doesnā€™t matter as much who wears 2,3 or 4, Iā€™d be still concerned about the potential for a complete brain fart from Hickey in a last-man-back scenario.

The real concern in that team is at the other end of the field.

He had Oā€™Donnell in his pocket last day out.

This is it. I canā€™t believe he is even being considered there. This and hegerty corner forward is worrying from management

In the middle of January in muck and shite, thats grand, but honestly Hickey as a full back option post the Dublin game in 2011 is crazy stuff. Heā€™s a nailed on starter if fit for me, but never as a fullback.

2 wing backs in the forwards, a bit odd alright particularly against Laois, no offence to them. @Glasagusban wont be pleased.

Personally im dissapointed not to see Colin Ryan get one of those jerseys.

If any of those 6 forwards start come championship I will be surprised ( a year too early for Flanagan , Gillane maybe but huge work to do) .

Id have Gillane starting in the championship if in form mate.

He hasnā€™t yet played a senior IC game of note . He is a good prospect but a huge amount to prove at this level .

True, but none of our starting forwards set the championship a lit either last year, arguably bar Kyle Hayes (who I believe is our future 6 in a couple of years) and Peter Casey. Places are up for grabs bigtime.

Obviously we are missing a number of forwards but that is definitely our current strongest unit.

DOD started last year and is playing very well. In fact they all are but Hegarty should definitely be in the half-forward line.

Aaron Gillane would be there or thereabouts, depending on league form. Limerick of all teams canā€™t ignore that knack for finding the target.

I would have been critical of him the past but Tom Morrissey impressed me big time the last day. Early days yet, but he put in a serious shift coming out deep and getting on the ball. If he can keep that going heā€™ll go close as well.

1 Like