Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

Love it @dodgy_keeper :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

:thinking:
Does this phrase have an entirely different meaning on this thread?

3 Likes

Maybe. I honestly doubt galway will be at it. They’ll give it a dig on the day no doubt, but they are still emerging sluggishly from hibernation. I think they are right too.

Good performance and good win. Offaly kind of collapsed once we missed the penalty. Gillane nailed on starter for championship. Agree that Quaid, Hickey, English, Byrnes, Lynch, O Donovan and Gillane in particular stood out. Browne and Lynch developing a very good combination at midfield. We looked a good few levels ahead of offaly. Good touch, good team work and we were once again very economical taking our scores. Delivery of ball into the forwards was excellent but offalys heads dropped before half time and they were shite thereafter

Ah, they’ll have had 5 games + training sessions by then…it was the physical stakes I was referring to more so

I know, it’s just that I suspect they had more done that time last year, but we’re still finding their feet a bit. It’ll be interesting to see whether they are resting on their laurels.

If Galway win their next two games, against offaly and Dublin, then our next game against Dublin is technically a dead rubber. If two teams finish level it comes down to head to head to decide who’ll get promoted. We’ll need to beat Galway in the last game anyway to go up, and that would be the case if we beat Dublin or lose to them by 50 point. A win for us over Dublin would only be beneficial for the Galway game if we draw with Galway, then it will come down to scoring difference

Would na pairsaigh beat the rest of limerick? Serious question.

A lot of very positive reports coming from today. Not often you hear limerick teams being complimented for having a very good and clear gameplan, good movement in the forwards or for delivering good quick ball to the forwards. All the players getting a run putting their hands up for inclusion too. In saying that they were only against 14 men for a long time which is bound to make them look good and give them the space to maintain good shape.

There’ll be serious competition for places. We have the best depth in the panel we’ve ever had in my memory. Hopefully they can make the right selections and draw a good starting team out of it.

Limerick were 7/8 up before the sending off, about 50 mins, and Dodge was laying on the plaudits then.

Congratulations Limerick on a brilliant performance yesterday. Very encouraging from 1 to 15. Keep it going now.

Ye should be very happy with limerick hurling Well done all @TreatyStones @The_Most_Infamous

I wonder did the Malachys get theirs?

Judge Terence Finn adjourned the case to February 22 back in Cashel District Court to get someone from the post office in Doon to explain to him what they are doing to address this issue.

2 Likes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3NaQxUEfxt0

Despite some hysterics on here, we did have a much stronger team than Offaly out and would have been bitterly disappointed with a loss. I didn’t expect the margin of victory to be so much, Offaly had looked decent the week before and pitches are very heavy at this time of year.

But Kiely has put a good bit of faith in this starting team, the vast majority of them are fighting for places and they are hungry for the fight.

I know Dodge was effusive in his praise on the radio but there’s no need to be getting carried away. The real positive to take is it sounds like the work rate was excellent. It should be an absolute minimum but it’s good to get the attitude right as early as possible. I thought we did quite well against Laois, but apparently Kiely wasn’t happy with the performance at all and this one did seem to be up another notch.

Dublin next is a bit of a weird one, kinda the reverse of Offaly. One that we would have expected to be tough before the League started but they haven’t seemed to be at the races at all. Again, can’t afford to take them for granted either. But if we do get the job done, these young players mightn’t face a real test until Galway. They blew us away physically last year, be interesting to see if we’re better equipped 12 months on.

2 Likes

Went to the Simons instead.

Warwickshire? He’s a big loss to Granagh Ballingarry.

Both those lads are. And another very good lad playing for Robert Emmet’s in London too.

NaP losing this weekend would be a good thing from a county perspective - you’d have the NaP lads back for 4 weeks before facing Galway and the panel could murder each other in the mean time.