Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

@anon32894817 has a point to an extent mate, the majority of Limericks panel have won nothing at senior intercounty level.

Weā€™ve a lot of young potential, but until its realised thats all it will be.

Weā€™re developing optionsā€¦ Nothing finished.

Exactly, that and the fact Kilkenny are back in the pack again gives me a bit of hope at least.

Crucial we beat Dublin in the GG next weekend. Be no harm to have a good league campaign for once.

We have won fuckall at inter County level in a while this is a much better squad than the 13/14 crew

It is certainly in underage pedigree and colleges hurling. My hope for this year though is to get to a league final, get out of Munster and see what happens after that.

Weā€™ve a lot of injuries to key players at the moment which doesnt help along with the Na Piarsiagh lads being unavailable.

All the options in the world bar one cc @ChocolateMice @carryharry

1 Like

NP in trouble here @ChocolateMice

Na P will win by 6

The only thing in trouble is the handicap, 6 to 10 Iā€™d say

Half of the limerick panel getting cleaned out by footballers looking to keep fit.

:rollseyes:

1 Like

Late Josh Ryan goal has the footballers 2 up in Ruislip with time almost up

Shocking coverage of it on limerick 95fm. What they sent your man over to cover it for!

Draw, conceded last minute goal

F-T: @LONDAINGAA 2-8 vs 2-8 @LimerickCLG @officialgaa - dramatic injury-time goal salvages draw for Exiles at McGovern Park https://t.co/XYjOUFS84D

Just back from McGovern Park, Ruislip.

Brilliant weekend. Things are really so much better on the mainland.

Went full, proper, unadulterated roaster. Red eye to Heathrow, the Express into Paddington and then walked out to Kilburn. Inside in The Kingdom Bar for the afternoon. First chap I got talking to was a lad from Askeaton. Then randomly bumped into four lads from home over for the North London derby.

Up then to The Crown in Cricklewood where the Limerick association had a do last night. The u-21 hurling A-I trophy was on show amid the great and the good of Limerick GAA officialdom. Turned into a great night. Fell out of the place at about 3.30. Billy Lee & the footballers were there earlier in the night for a while. The father of the best Limerick footballer Iā€™ve ever seen in my liftetime sorted three of our posse out with player passes for the match. Top man.

Ruislip itself is a fair bit out. Itā€™s countryside effectively. Lovely set up. Pitch in top nick and a smashing clubhouse. Watched a good bit of the second half from the balcony behind the goals. Cracking little stand also.

Draw was a fair result even if we blew it. Three points up five minutes into injury and to concede is a killer. London lad got the ball in the corner forward position and drove in from the endline. Should have been hauled down and taken the black card.

Big Josh Ryan was posted to the edge of the square and had a fine outing. Two goals (at least I think he grabbed what looked like the match winning goal late on after a surging run from Seamus Oā€™Carroll). Ryan finished one with aplomb in the first half too. Some size of a lad.

People there couldnā€™t have been sounder. 18 Pound back in a taxi to the airport after. Coach Paudie Kissane and former rugby football international Frankie Sheehan were on the flight too. I didnā€™t ask Frankie if he had any aggro with a bouncer in London this weekend as happened previously.

Iā€™m bollixed and off to bed.

15 Likes

Very good. Iā€™d give a fair guess at who you met in the Kingdom and you wouldnā€™t meet a sounder lad.

1 Like

Good man Dodgy fair play,see you Saturday night inside!

2 Likes

Dodgy

Hiow is the kingdom in Kilburn going now ??

Fine crowd in there yesterday anyway, theyā€™d all the sport including the GAA on the box. The lady behind the bar was a gas character.

1 Like