Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

Is DOD fit? I would have thought Morrissey will start there.

DOD did his cruciate.

Sorry it’s probably T. Morrissey, Reidy and B.O.C going for two places so. Hard to see a springer.

I hope @dodgy_keeper made it back safe it’s getting late and still no report…

I can report Henry Martin is back home.

Unless he did serious wreck today it would be hard to see Malachy getting parachuted in considering he hadn’t seen action before today. There are a fair few lads challenging for that final spot though, the rest of the team picks itself on what we’ve seen so far.

Mulachy

Do you mean mulcahy corner forward? Tom Morrissey certain to start too.

I think we will be competitive but Galway will pull away and the scoreline will flatter them at the end. I’d be happy enough with a competitive performance, we have a good few to come back and Galway are a long way ahead of us. I’m tempted to head across for it actually.

By all accounts Malachy was impressive today but there is no chance of him starting corner-forward. I would say that Barry Murphy has a chance of that corner-forward spot, as does Mulcahy.

I would really hope that he doesn’t put Hegarty back in there and leaves him on the wing.

Sounded like Galway weren’t overly impressive today against Dublin, while always having enough to get the win. I’d expect us to make a good fist of it. It’ll be an interesting test anyway.

We are weeks ahead of Galway with regards work done though and it seems we have targeted this game as the priority,Galway have been caught in these type of games before Cork beat them in the relegation game up there which was a big surprise and Waterfords B team blew a 7-8 point lead against them with 15-20 mins to go too,they could be without Canning,Burke and Cooney.It’s a very tough task but not an impossible one if we can stay with them with 10-15 to go and not give away a sloppy early goal we have a sniff of a result.

What makes you say we’re weeks ahead of Galway in work done? I’d say limerick and John kiely are
Very indifferent about the league.

I just think they’re a brilliant team and we’re starting from a very low base, notwithstanding the positive signs early season they’re in a different league. On the other hand, you’re right. Baseless optimism rising…

1 Like

Limerick were doing their heavy training when Galway were sunning their arses during the Winter on their team holiday,it’s common knowledge the previous years AI winners are always weeks behind the rest of the pack with regards fitness and conditioning,Galway wont horse us around the field like they did in the league Semi final last year,they may very well win but id expect a massive effort from us.

Not sure what relevance other all Ireland winning teams have to this Galway side but if they line up with a full strength team they’ll hockey us out the gate.

Limerick will win by about 5 points

1 Like

They will horse us around all the same. They are
a long way bigger than us, especially with the lads we have missing.

Sure with that mentality we may as well stay at home next week and give them a walkover,always respect them never fear them.

2 Likes

If Galway are at 80 percent we are in massive trouble. Maybe they’ll show fuck all interest but I doubt it.

Agree

Base predictions on facts and evidence.galway ripped us a new one 11 months. Went on the win league in a canter, Leinster in a canter and won the all Ireland. Limerick have the same management and are picking from a similar bunch of players.