Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

I’m trying to get onto my boss here now and see if I can work back a few hours if I get the morning off.

Just backed Malachy for YHOTY

1 Like

That was great. We went out for dinner at half time so I recorded 2nd half and watched it when we got home. I wasn’t too confident but when we got back level I knew we could do it. Still some scoring forwards needed, Casey will help. Don’t think either morrissys or reidy are up to the pace. Finn and English were class… And cian lynch, some man to get a ball in a ruck and skill to burn, left in midfield I hope.

I had another look at Kyles goal there, With my Limerick hat on I reckon he meant it. He has a serious eye for goal. Never takes the safe option anyway.

He def meant it, hit ball off the ground

1 Like

Just back from Salthill.

That was a sweet one. Following us will kick you in the balls more often than not but that was a good day. Buzzing. Massive confidence booster for a young squad to go to the home of the champions and turn them over.

Putrid first half. Awful wides. It looked like a case of keep the score down at half time.

But one thing this squad has - for all it’s faults and limitations - is guts in abundance. We’re not the most skilful team, we don’t have superstars but we have fucking heart, spirit and fight to match any side. Absolutely chuffed for all involved. A nice reward for their efforts over the last couple of years. I’m an unashamed JK fanboy well before today so delighted now he and the squad has something tangible to look back on.

Mind you if we’d lost, the decision to take off Flanagan would be scrutinised…!

We needed that more than Galway today. They wanted it but we had far more to lose. Now we’re guaranteed 6 decent games next year. Can only help a ridiculously young squad.

Lovely pints with a few fellow TFK high rollers pre and post throw in to cap the day off. I went full roaster at full time giving JK and a few players a big hug. A league game in March ffs! :see_no_evil: :smile:

A shit week for the parish for matters that put hurling into the hay penny place but I’m off to get pissed. Put a reserve team out against Clare, doesn’t matter a fuck now. :ronnyroar: :ronnyroar:

26 Likes

Reidy wont make it…grand for Antrim and the likes…you’d imagine the NaP lads will squeeze him out.

1 Like

Here, rather than making snide little digs you may want to prepare for the relegation final next week.

3 Likes

:fishing_pole_and_fish::fishing_pole_and_fish::fishing_pole_and_fish::fishing_pole_and_fish::fishing_pole_and_fish:

2 Likes

You did well to get odds on someone ineligible for the award

He’s eligible

Peter Casey if fit is a certain starter. His brother will struggle after English and Finns displays today. Dowling and D Dempsey will be close…but certainly not guaranteed. R Lynch may actually get a jersey in the halfback line though.

1 Like

Born in 1996 according to google

Who would you drop gillane or murphy? Very harsh imo.

Tin hat on but it wouldn’t overly bother me if we lost the coin toss for next week. Would be a nice dress rehearsal to go there ahead of the game in June. We’ve an awful record there generally I think.

Peter Casey for Reidy…Dowling and D Dempsey have their work cut out for them…but do think they’ll be close…Nash and Hego back fit fingers crossed and we’ve more forward options coming into the championship then we’ve had in years.

With the new format its ideal, everyone will be needed to chip in.

1 Like

That’s what I’m fucking talking about!

Despite the meltdowns on here and in real life, I thought there were glimpses of hope in the first half. The wides and some of the decision-making were awful but we were fronting up well physically & fighting for everything.

And to be fair to them, they never ever let the heads drop, when they easily could have done so. Murphy alluded to it in his interview post-match; they took the positives from the first half, identified the weaknesses and drove on.

Now I wouldn’t be overreacting to it either, Galway faded very badly but that win will be huge for the confidence of this team. Coming from 8 points down against the All-Ireland champions and getting promoted after so long; it’s a match that could easily have been lost but they really really wanted it. It’s something to build on for Championship. It was far from perfect, still a lot to learn but that is the level of work rate that we need.

Flanagan was class, 5 points from play. Murphy is superb, his work rate is off the charts. Lynch was really good, I thought- his ability to win dirty ball is out of this world. Richie English… a monster performance from him. Richie Mac was solid as fuck against their vaunted full-forward line; Finn aswell- brilliant. Tom Morrissey worked his socks off, as did his brother.

The wides were very bad and we’ll need to work on them. Some of them were unacceptable at this level. Galway got a few scores very easy that won’t cut it come Championship. But we dug deep in the final 10 and stopped them getting anything easy.

Bench made an impact- very good score from Pat Ryan Simon, Malachy brought a nice bit of aggression, Mulcahy got a score; Kyle got one goal and should have had another. I think he definitely meant to go near post but did mishit his strike. Still, it went in.

I think we needed that; now, bring on Clare ta fuck!

5 Likes

Kyle Hayes’ striking was sub standard today . To be fair to him it was his first game in months and it takes a while to get the eye in and that bit of crispness . He did well overall . He mishit the goal chance but the golden rule is keep it on target .

That is so true. With the new format we will need a squad of 25+ that will need to be rotated over the 5 weeks. Everyone will need to contribute.

1 Like

Ok lads we’ll have no more negative talk about Kyle Hayes.