Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

Big fuckers alright, they’re even missing a few gone travelling. I don’t know about them though, last year they looked a cut above everyone else in the West but Rathkeale beat them twice. They’d probably be the most likely of the West sides alright.

How are Ashkatin shaping up this year? A Limerick senior in the ranks now too

Struggling for 15 at the minute but we’ll be grand once we get closer to champo.

1 Like

There’s a decent chance NCW will beat G/B on Saturday.

I would say more than decent judging on what I’ve been hearing from their side but you know how townies carry on :roll_eyes:

Finals on a Wednesday night :clap::clap: New fixture calendar is working like a charm

4 Likes

Tbf 21 club championship is absolutely pointless these days. A drain on clubs finances is all it is.

It’s still a county final at the end of the day.

To play it two days after an intercounty championship match involving players from both clubs is insulting and demeaning to all concerned.

1 Like

It needs to be scraped dodgey. It’s impossible for smaller clubs to field teams and it’s so tricky with county players. It’s run it’s course.

It needs to be run like a proper competition rather than as a glorified blitz . It was always a great completion that kept lads involved that might well have drifted . That said it is now another casualty of the increasing elitism in the GAA .

2 Likes

I get that but we can’t just afford to ditch competitions and give young lads even less games. It’s terrible that games are shoe horned in midweek at a bad time of the year but it’s better than no games.

It’ll be a nice boost for whoever wins it after the strangle hold Na P have had over it for the last few years.

Play it some Saturday night on a fine summers evening and you’d get a fine crowd, a Wednesday night to just play it off as quickly as possible will barely attract people from the clubs in question, never mind neutrals.

seriously mate, did you ever play? There’s plenty of lads for whom that is the biggest competition they’ll ever play in.

3 Likes

Whatever about the hurling, they’ll be playing u21 football on Saturday afternoons in November. Outside of premier it’s an absolute disaster.

2 Likes

Nobody has any interest in it anymore. 21s for most clubs is now 4 or 5 games played at ridiculous times and dates. Nobody gives hurling one more year to play 21s. The mass drop out is minor. At 21s between part time jobs, drink and college it’s gone to shite and a massive expense for clubs. Small clubs can’t get a team together where the likes of nap, doon or the well have so many intercounty players at that age group it’s impsosibble to play games. Junior b is run brilliantly and you’ve actually 11 or 12 games over the course of a few months.

Minor is far far bigger than 21s now. It’s farcical. In fact minor a games are probably of higher standard than under 21 games. You’ve that silly rule where a 17 year old can’t play now as well. So many walkovers in it and teams pulling lads in from soccer or rugby to play.

December even. It’s a completele joke. If a young lad isn’t in or around the adult team at 17 or 18 in the main they won’t give a fuck about 21s.

Biggest issue that time of year is lads are back in college and a share of them will have to work Saturdays.

I remember winning a city/east 21 a couple of seasons back and the lad presenting the cup was in a rush to thomond to catch a rugby game while most of the lads on the team either had work or wanted to watch a game. Simple facts there’s a dirth of young lads nowadays and nobody has fuck all interest in playing a game at 11 inside rathbane on a Saturday. It just isn’t attractive to lads at that age.

I managed a team to an u21 B county final, we got a walkover in the county semi

You still led them to that final, don’t let anybody down play that achievement.

5 Likes