Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

This is nothing new to us or management,leave him recover properly and set the Waterford game as his return target.

Correct. Casey was never going to be available for the opening games. Iā€™d be more concerned over Gillane. That ankle has been a problem since February and he hasnā€™t been given a chance to rehab it. He went over on it after 5 minutes in the league semi-final and was left on for way too long afterwards.

1 Like

Gillane is a major doubt too. This is a disaster. I heard Barry Nash was outstanding for Liberties the other night. Murphy and Graeme Mul look to be the starting corner forwards now.

I said back in December there would be one na pairsigh player starting come championship and @glasagusban cuntinatracksuit and Mice had a shit attack. I think cuntinatracksuit said there would be at least 5 starting :smiley:

2 Likes

We knew Casey wouldnā€™t make it. Obviously, he is class but Iā€™d have no problem with any of Mulcahy, Nash or Murphy starting. Mulcahy has looked in serious form any time Iā€™ve seen him this year.

If Gillane were to miss out too, it would be a major blow to lose our two best corner-forwards but the question would be who would take the frees. I mean you do have options even among our current starters- Morrissey & Murphy are both good freetakers.

Iā€™d say the dow would get the call. It would mean a reshuffle of the pack but it is too risky not having a top class free taker starting.

If Gillane doesnā€™t start Dowling definitely does. He might anyway. His ability to hit frees from further out is a serious asset

If Gillane is fit he wonā€™t start.

Deffo needs surgery iā€™m preparing for him to miss the entire season worst case scenarioi tbh.

Worst case scenario is Gillanes leg falls off and canā€™t start against Tipp.

Throw up the post where I had a shit attack please.

Not his best position IMO but Dowling played well at wing forward all last year, Morrissey has been more or less doing the same role so far this year. Iā€™d expect Dowling to get back into the team anyway, even if the full forward line is unchanged.

I think if you disagree with with the little man on on any of the threads itā€™s called a shit attack and then if you question anything about a player that isnā€™t from Na P itā€™s called an attack on the player.

1 Like

I would see Dowling as the perfect person to perform the role Reidy was asked to do from the bench in a couple of games. As the game starts to open up, come on, float around, pick off a few scores and maybe pick out a couple of passes to open up the opposition- bit harsh on Reidy, but Dowling is a very intelligent hurler.

At full-forward, there is pretty much no chance of him coming out, shadowed by a full-back, getting the ball turning & heading towards goal. Thatā€™s just not how he operates. But having that option which could be provided by Flanagan, Nash, Gillane or even Downes has added another dimension to our attack.

But obviously you do have to nail all your frees.

U-21 panel officially announced, Kyler captain! Hon the fucking parish! 2 panel members (and probably two starters) isnā€™t bad going for a small club.

No Eoghan Mac. Couple of other players not included that I would have said are better than some of the fringe players there, but there may be reasons for players not being involved that I am not aware of and I donā€™t know how lads went in the trials, etc.

PANEL: Ciaran Barry, Colum Carroll, Daniel Minehan, Adam Oā€™Brien (all Ahane); Anthony Barrett, Micheal Houlihan, Paddy Oā€™Loughlin, Oisin Oā€™Reilly (all Kilmallock); Jack Casey, Finn Hourigan, Aaron Kennedy, Brian Timmons (all Murroe-Boher); Conor Boylan, Jerome Boylan, Peter Casey, Thomas Grimes (all Na Piarsaigh), Darren Golden Oā€™Mahoney, Mark Oā€™Dwyer, Jamie Power (all Monaleen); Josh Adams, Luke Doran (both Ballybrown); Brian McPartland, Barry Murphy (both Doon); Kyle Hayes, Darren Oā€™Connell (both Kildimo-Pallaskenry); John Flynn, Jason Gillane (both Patrickswell); Brian Nash, Brian Ryan (both South Liberties); Mike Mackey (Adare), William Oā€™Meara (Askeaton), Seamus Flanagan (Feohanagh), Conor Oā€™Grady (Hospital-Herbertstown), Brian Oā€™Grady (Kilteely-Dromkeen), Paudie Ahern (Killeedy), Eoghan Mulcahy (Mungret), Kevin Howard (Old Christians).

Whatever happened jack o Grady? He was a fine corner back underage.

Old Christians :clap:

1 Like

Serious player. He was playing for Knockainey at the weekend afaik but the article implied he turned down a call-up for whatever reason. Iā€™d have him as a starter.

He must only have been called up recently, I was actually giving out that he wasnā€™t included and people were giving me shit.

Heā€™s a serious, serious ballwinner and reads the game very well. People say thatā€™s heā€™s a bit slow in possession and that his striking isnā€™t at that level but I think if you have an intelligent hurler, you can make it work. Well-deserving of his place. Young Blackhall from Old Christians possibly unlucky not to be there considering some of the other names included.

1 Like

Heā€™s been on the panel all along.

Disappointing weā€™ve only one from adare and mungret two massive clubs. Great to see ahane with a good few on the panel. A sleeping giant.