Limerick GAA - it's Box Office - Always Has Been, Always Will Be

Winning the all Ireland would set us back 20 years

2 Likes

If Tom Condon is thinking about retiring he should be on the match day squad against Tipp and when we have the games sealed he should be brought on for the last few minutes to batter a few Tipp cunts and get sent off. He can retire happy then.

6 Likes

Do you not think Nash, Dempsey have a chance. Barry Murphy lugged veey sluggish in 21 ,game and for Doon Wednesday night.

Dowling is the first name Iā€™d have in the forwards. Who has proven anything in championship in the forwards most of them have done fuck all or nothing at all. So he is a starter until dethroned.

2 Likes

My team for Tipp is Nicky, Finn,Hicky,English,Byrnes,Hannon,Morrissey, Lynch, Browne, T.Morrissey, Hayes, Hegarty, Gillane, Flanagan, Mulcahy. Subs in order of appearance hopefully Dowling, Richie, Odonoghue, nash, dempsey

1 Like

Thatā€™s John kielys team mate.

Progress on the last time I suppose.

To be fair, thatā€™s a mad way to look at things. Youā€™d never blood any new players if that was the case. I wouldnā€™t be saying discount past form completely, but really, weā€™ve been very poor for the bones of 3 years so there isnā€™t much to look at.

2 of the players who will start are in their first year on the panel really so itā€™s hard of them to have done anything. But both have excelled when given their chance this year. Hegarty & Hayes are nailed-on, just class players. So then youā€™re looking at Tom Morrissey & the corner-forward. Morrissey has played really well, his work rate is top notch, I think heā€™s deserving of his place. Mulcahy hasnā€™t done much over the past few years, but looks to be in form atm; and I wouldnā€™t pick Dowling in the corner anyway.

Iā€™m a big fan of Dowling, always have been, but his starting chances were always going to be hurt by Na Piarsaighā€™s run. Heā€™s even alluded to it himself. If he was absolutely tearing it up in training, Iā€™m sure heā€™d be starting. But the fact is the whole team is going wellā€¦ by all accounts, theyā€™re absolutely raring to go. Itā€™s not really a case of him being dropped, heā€™s still a vital part of the panel and will play a role in us beating those mutants.

If I was picking the team and wanted to start Dowling, I think itā€™d be at 11. I thought heā€™d do better on the wing last year, but he didnā€™t and was caught particularly against Clare. At 11, he could direct affairs; maybe sit off his man and pick off a couple of scores and is less likely to be caught by a pacy wing-back bursting out. Maybe it will happen over the course of the Championship, Iā€™m another who prefers Hayes on the wing if he is in the half-forward line.

1 Like

Are you John Kiely?

Personally, I hope that we donā€™t have to call on Richie- I imagine back subs will only be used if thereā€™s an injury or someone is in trouble.

Definitely Dowling, Nash & Pat Ryan for impact; then WOD/Malachy/Dempsey/Murphy depending on how things are going.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: No for the first time in a long while i got to nearly all the games in the league (none of the Munster league games though) I just think Graeme edges it with his experience because i think it will be needed esp against Tipp. So in each line you would have good veterans who could guide the young lads through (Nicky, SH, DH, PB, Hego-a real leader even though very yougn and GM inside)

That looks like what itā€™ll be, although if we have to bring in a full back the game will already be over.

Dowling has been at best mediocre for Limerick since 2015 . That said Limerick in general havenā€™t even reached mediocrity since then .

His form in training will have to be exceptional to start barring injuries .

Tbf dowling has been messed about as have most limerick forwards in recent years. I think kielys game plan doesnā€™t really play to his strengths. Quick, fast and hard working forwards are what kiely is looking for. Itā€™s all about a system as opposed to an individual. Dowling as an individual is probably as talented as any of our forwards but he doesnā€™t complement the other players. Dowling loves the big occasion. Heā€™s a great connection with the crowd and I guarantee youā€™ll notice him coming on Sunday week. I think he has a big role to play this year as a sub.

Considering the size of him youā€™d want to be seeing him alright!

I meant heā€™s actually the type of lad when not starting wants to make an impression. His best hurling for limerick was in 2013 as a sub.

:rollseyes:

His best year was 2014 when he won an All Star

Those performances were glorified. He got on the end of a couple of long balls. He was outstanding team player in 2013.

ReallyšŸ¤” he scored 4-36 in the championship in 4 games in 2014 as against 11 points in 3 championship games albeit off the bench in 2013. I am obviously wrong in thinking his contribution to the team was greater in 2014.

He canā€™t be taken seriously here, heā€™s trying to argue Dowlingā€™s best year was when he was a sub because he doesnā€™t want to see him start.