Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Can’t do it now but some buck referred to JT being a hatchet man and passenger on Kk team who is now more interested in his wardrobe .

1 Like

Jackie had me seething last week, he’s got the whole of Clare hopping this week, some WUM :clap:

I assume Waterford will get it with both barrels on Friday .

The greatest Championship of them all begins tomorrow night.

@Breaking_my_balls @Julio_Geordio @dodgy_keeper @TreatyStones @Ashman @The_Most_Infamous etc

Who do we think will get through this year?

Hope everyone is nice to @balbec as a newcomer.

2 Likes

Kilmallock people will see gorse , heather , sheep and goats for the first time ever .

Would expect Feenagh & Kilmallock to top group one.
Castletown flying in the league and gave us an unmerciful hiding.
Kieran’s were woeful last year. Not sure if they’ll be any better this year, they’ve Adare in the first game which is very winnable and may be they might pick up some momentum from there, but you’d prefer to meet Adare later in the championship by which time they’ll probably have pulled out.

I haven’t a clue where we are to be honest. Team only starting to come together now and we’ve been missing at least 5 starters for every game. Not sure when we’ll play our first game, not fixed for this weekend due to Willie but there’s a chance it could go ahead if he’s not named, not ideal preparations to be honest. A chance we’ll have to play twice in the week after the Tipp game to catch up, but the West Board are liable to do anything. We flagged it to them at the start of the year, this would/could happen but sure they do their own thing. To be honest if they had played a couple of our games in April we’d likely have been hammered, and the hurling would have fallen apart. We are the same every year though. You couldn’t know with us. Feenagh first up isn’t ideal. They’ve won the West League (although no one entered it for some reason) and are going well enough in Division 4 of the all county.

Other side is weaker but closer IMO.
Kileedy should be topping it unbeaten but anyone could beat anyone after that.
Think Croagh should come through they’ve a nice young team building.
Stakers look to be by far the weakest of the South 3, wouldn’t expect much from them.
Rathkeale won it in 17 then couldn’t get out of their group last year, think 17 was a fluke to be honest. But if they got a few wins again who knows.
Glantine have been there abouts the last few years and should be in with a good shout of the top 3. Monagea seem to be gone back, but hard to know at this stage of the year.
Would say Kileedy, Croagh and Glantine/Monagea/Rathkeale for the last spot. Would expect there to be a lot of close games and teams dropping points all over.

Think Feenagh/Kilmallock/Kileedy will be 3 of the 4 semi finalists. Who knows who the 4th semi finalist will be and they’ll probably go on and win it knowing the West Championship

2 Likes

Castletown played our lot in county league a few weeks back. They were very sharp and gave our misfortunates a right trimming.

Our lot played Hospital intermediates after that and lost by a couple of points, albeit they did have a couple of decent players back who had not played Castletown

We’d a weak enough team out and it was a lot of lads first time handling a hurley since last year basically, but they tore us to shreds. Good physical team, everyone knew their job, simple but effective game plan and their touch looked sharp. Think they are limited enough outside of their few core players though. I’d imagine Kilmallock will bate them well this weekend. Be interesting to see how they go when they’ve a load of West Limerick Mountaineers breaking hurley’s off them.

Hospital struggling in division 5 and yet they won their first championship game. That intermediate is full of dross. They need to make it a division of 8 same as the premier.

Drom were very poor that day and nearly nabbed a win at the end.

Ye need to come back down junior where ye belong

It’s back :ronnyroar: :ronnyroar: :ronnyroar:

West Junior A Hurling Championship - God’s Championship.

Thursday.

Rathkeale v Monagea in Quaid Park, Feohanagh, at 7:30p.m.

Friday.

Templeglantine v Croagh Kilfinny in Newcastle West at 7:30p.m.

Adare v St. Kieran’s in Knockaderry at 7:45p.m.

Saturday

Castletown Ballygran v Kilmallock in Feenagh at 5:00p.m.

Staker Wallace v Killeedy in Feenagh at 7:30p.m.

That’s a tantalizing double header in Feenagh that really whets the appetite for all hurling hipsters.

There’ll be traffic carnage as the Southies try to figure out where in the fuck Feenagh is

Kilmallock will walk this.

Group 1
Adare
Askeaton
Castletown/Ballyagran
Feenagh/Kilmeedy
Kilmallock
St. Kieran’s

Group 2
Croagh/Kilfinny
Killeedy
Monagea
Rathkeale
Staker Wallace
Templeglantine

Two good tough groups. It’s always hard to read too much into league form with junior teams, shur didn’t Adare win the West League last year and weren’t worth a fuck come Championship?

Do we know who Kilmallock have burned with senior, or more importantly, who they have left? Liam Walsh is flying with Blackrock anyway; I think Benny Burke & Phelim O’Reilly are both gone. Woulfe might be there? Conor Staunton, maybe Anthony Barrett, Eoin Ryan.

It’s a different challenge for them but they should get out of the group. I wouldn’t have Feenagh/Kilmeedy as certs but they are a decent side when they have everybody. Ballyagran are handy too… Askeaton probably depend on Willie. Hard to see a major improvement in Kieran’s or Adare.

We played Croagh/Kilfinny earlier in the year and they are handy, I fancy them to go through with Killeedy (who should be outright favourites). The Stakers might be the weakest of the South 3 and played shit in their league but on their day, they are a real handful. I think Monagea will be better than last year too, although Templeglantine will fancy their chances of sneaking through. Every single team will fancy their chances of qualifying here though.

Both groups are Groups of Death.

Yeah but the Westies will see natural hurlers for the first time so its a win- win.

1 Like

We will see what they can do in a pressurized environment .

If by pressurised you mean converted bogs on the side of mountains yeah probably.

That’s the Desmond league