Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Jaysus I reckon Limerick will annihilate Clare.

1 Like

This Clare team have the indian sign over Limerick…

It’s a 50/50 game. Get a handle on Tony Kelly & we’ll scrape through.

It’s a tricky one. Not too dissimilar to our performance v them last season. It was good and very clinical but difficult to gauge given the opposition threw in the towel. The big difference is people aren’t losing the run of themselves after it. If you look last year it was tipp(poor), cork (v good) and Waterford (v good). We were over the top a such v Clare. Good break and v kk(ok), cork (v good) and again peaked in the final. I think that’s why it’s of huge benefit to limerick to finish in the 3rd spot. It’s the road the players and coaches know. I bet we will improve again v Clare and win relatively comfortably. It looks like The fixtures aligned for Clare last year now. Twice beaten easily by cork, tipp were all but out, met limerick in a dead rubber and couldn’t finish off a punch Galway after kk had them softened up. I probably overrated them. The one thing the Waterford game proved was the hunger was still there and that’s vital. Overall I think limerick can be happy.

Limerick beating Waterford is a gamechanger

1 Like

Lk v Ce won’t be pretty . A congested middle .

Has suited Clare in recent times. Three wins on the trot

Conlon is finished. Dropped for Sunday.

He had a mental breakdown of his cruciate

Be serious please.

Lovely seethe on clarehurlers toward Jackie Tyrrell

Few screen shots please lads

Would you not just use your @LimerickNomad log in and look for yourself?

I’ve no login for there mate. Doubt i’d be given access before the weekend even if I did sign up.

Can’t do it now but some buck referred to JT being a hatchet man and passenger on Kk team who is now more interested in his wardrobe .

1 Like

Jackie had me seething last week, he’s got the whole of Clare hopping this week, some WUM :clap:

I assume Waterford will get it with both barrels on Friday .

The greatest Championship of them all begins tomorrow night.

@Breaking_my_balls @Julio_Geordio @dodgy_keeper @TreatyStones @Ashman @The_Most_Infamous etc

Who do we think will get through this year?

Hope everyone is nice to @balbec as a newcomer.

2 Likes

Kilmallock people will see gorse , heather , sheep and goats for the first time ever .

Would expect Feenagh & Kilmallock to top group one.
Castletown flying in the league and gave us an unmerciful hiding.
Kieran’s were woeful last year. Not sure if they’ll be any better this year, they’ve Adare in the first game which is very winnable and may be they might pick up some momentum from there, but you’d prefer to meet Adare later in the championship by which time they’ll probably have pulled out.

I haven’t a clue where we are to be honest. Team only starting to come together now and we’ve been missing at least 5 starters for every game. Not sure when we’ll play our first game, not fixed for this weekend due to Willie but there’s a chance it could go ahead if he’s not named, not ideal preparations to be honest. A chance we’ll have to play twice in the week after the Tipp game to catch up, but the West Board are liable to do anything. We flagged it to them at the start of the year, this would/could happen but sure they do their own thing. To be honest if they had played a couple of our games in April we’d likely have been hammered, and the hurling would have fallen apart. We are the same every year though. You couldn’t know with us. Feenagh first up isn’t ideal. They’ve won the West League (although no one entered it for some reason) and are going well enough in Division 4 of the all county.

Other side is weaker but closer IMO.
Kileedy should be topping it unbeaten but anyone could beat anyone after that.
Think Croagh should come through they’ve a nice young team building.
Stakers look to be by far the weakest of the South 3, wouldn’t expect much from them.
Rathkeale won it in 17 then couldn’t get out of their group last year, think 17 was a fluke to be honest. But if they got a few wins again who knows.
Glantine have been there abouts the last few years and should be in with a good shout of the top 3. Monagea seem to be gone back, but hard to know at this stage of the year.
Would say Kileedy, Croagh and Glantine/Monagea/Rathkeale for the last spot. Would expect there to be a lot of close games and teams dropping points all over.

Think Feenagh/Kilmallock/Kileedy will be 3 of the 4 semi finalists. Who knows who the 4th semi finalist will be and they’ll probably go on and win it knowing the West Championship

2 Likes