Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Cracker

Monaleen led 1-3 to 1-1 at half time

People paid in to watch it. It must have been painful

I’d imagine the Adare contingent were happy with it.

Supposedly a better game than the scoreline suggests

That’s some scoring. Wouldn’t have had either team down as a defensive team. Strange.

Anyone know what match/s TG4 are showing Sunday?

cc @Chucks_Nwoko

2 Likes

Dear Christ…

I was hoping for Tipp or Clare Semi’s.

Epic scoring. Raging I didn’t go in to see all the lateral passing and mass defending.

Limerick hurling QF’s are being livestreamed on Sporting Limerick.

2 Likes

Hard to see anything other than big wins for the well and Kilmallock .

We’ll take any win after the last day.

The game will do ye no harm I think . I saw ye v the well and ye were good albeit the rest of the forwards need to up it . If Na P are to be beat only Kilmallock will do it .

Grand sign up outside Martinstown.

Fair play to Adare Manor for being lead sponsors.

1 Like

He has a noble gate there

Apparently they based the Arc D’Triomphe on it

Aristotle Predictions:

As people have said, at senior it is hard to see Kilmallock or the Well not winning against Murroe/Boher & Liberties respectively. But while they undoubtedly have better panels than either of those two, both the Senior B sides have had very good years, getting out of a competitive group and this is a free shot for them, nothing to lose. There is a big difference between playing one of the big sides when you’re probably fighting for relegation versus on the back of a run of wins and full of confidence. In Tobin & Nash, they both have a top forward that can do serious damage if not properly contained. Liberties would be the one I’d say are more likely to cause the upset, but you’d have to tip the two favourites.

At Premier Intermediate, we have four teams level on 9 points, all in the semi-final already. The Bouncers have a scoring difference of 36, we have 29, Bruff have 20 and Mungret 15. And all 4 teams play the bottom 4 teams so would be expected to get the win. Bruff play Bruree who have to win to avoid relegation, but Bruree have also been a team that the other 3 top sides have run up big score differences against (13, 11 & 13 respectively). While an upset isn’t impossible in any of the games, especially if any of the teams take the eye off the ball having already made a semi-final against a team fighting to stay up; again, you’d have to make the top 4 favourites- none of them have dropped points against any of the bottom 4 thus far.

Two Intermediate semi-finals today aswell, the South tie looks more interesting than the West one. Effin weren’t all that impressive in coming through the tougher group, dropping points to NCW as well as the top 2. Croom were in the easier group but did come second as expected, despite getting beaten by Hegarty’s Pats. I expect Croom to have a good crack off them, but Effin should see it out. I’d be shocked if Granagh/Ballingarry lost to Knockaderry in the other quarter-final. They’re just a better team all over to be honest.

There’s also the Intermediate relegation final between Drom/Broadford and Claughaun/Old Christians today. I’d fancy the townies, if they have everyone available. If they go down, Claughaun are fucked… with Christians already down at Junior, they’ll no longer be merged and they haven’t a hope without Christians players.

Two Junior semi-finals today too. The Well play Killeedy before our match in Ballyagran. I’d fancy Killeedy there, they had a very comprehensive win in the quarter-final. Doon will put it up to Tour in the other semi-final, but again, I think Tour will do it. Killeedy-Tour in a county final is what the people want.

Junior B semi-finals tomorrow, I fancy Cappamore & Doon to beat Feohanagh & Garryspillane respectively.

Senior- Kilmallock, Patrickswell

Premier intermediate- Garryspillane, Bruff, Mungret

Intermediate- Effin, Granagh/Ballingarry, Claughaun/Old Christians

Junior A- Killeedy, Tournafulla

Junior B- Cappamore, Doon

2 Likes

All over bar the shouting here at HT in Bruff I’d say.

D/B 1-5
Claughaun / Old Christians 3-11

1 Like

:ronnyroar: