Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

West boards hand being forced to spend some of the pot of money they are sitting on. Can’t do any harm I suppose

Just like South Africa have in the Munster team you mean?

All fine and grand too having it open for all and having 60 kids below there with 25 or 30 of them miles away from ever making a County U14 squad. In fairness it’s the clubs jobs to improve those players. That slows everything up. All about a balance. I’ve a younger cousin going down to it at the moment anyway and there’s no talk of cutting numbers yet.

Development squads should be about development not elitism. How do kids slow down others? Only if the sessions are poorly organised. Any kid that goes to this shouldn’t be told at 12/13 that they are not good enough. It should be about raising the level of hurling in West Limerick and not about raising the level of an elite group.

3 Likes

Excellent stuff. Doon has been strong for a number years and what we’ve seen is cappamore/pallasgreen have really upped their game. I can imagine killmallock will be seething with the bouncers recent success. I know it’s year away but mungret/Monaleen are following in naps

:+1:

It’s a development squad with the sole purpose of improving West players to make County standard though? And it’s already happening at that age, a year younger even, with the much vaunted Mackey Cup. I think the efforts should be applauded anyway, it’s a start.

He’s going on the toy show… :man_facepalming:

1 Like

BOX OFFICE :movie_camera:!

Why would we be seething about the Bouncers? They’ll have one decent crop and that’ll be it. Different story if it was Bruree though :grin:

1 Like

I think it means he was a guest at the auditions at the Strand a while back. Not sure he will be on the proper show this week

https://twitter.com/Fit100HQ/status/1067518028831694848

Condon is still there anyway, any new faces??

Nobody added or dropped I presume until after the team holiday.

1 Like

I never saw the point of the blue and yellow training top

Lots of players wished they played for patrickswell.

We’ve barely the 15 left after the celebrations

3 Likes

Keeps the east limerick crowd happy .