Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

A highly promising 12 year old. What made him stand out. I’d imagine he was a bag of bones with a size 35 Hurley up to his shoulder.

The date of the 1916 rising was largely based off astrology readings relating to Aaron’s birth --of course the Dubs made a bollox of it and that caused the civil war.

2 Likes

he bate apples up a stick out the front garden

Willie o meara. Stephen Cahill to a lesser extent.

Most lads that are very good at hurling would have thebasic skills mastered by under 10. Youd rarely see a lad picking up hurling at 13 or 14 and being very good.

After that match in Bruff Aaron went down to Lough Gur to relax for a half an hour. He walked across the surface of the lake. I knew then he was special.

Did anything become of the 12 lads who used to follow him around?

6 Likes

They had middling careers.

:smile:

Eleven of them were sound ould skins who liked a bit of fishing. There was was one evil cunt though… he was from Tipp

This is what you want :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I remember the Well boys came in one evening and sat into the seats where the regular Mungret lads would sit. There was a silent stand off…hilarious.

That’s for roasters!

Sure you’ll be roasting over there.

True, but I don’t think a 42 year old male should be wearing one of those vests

Tbh I just don’t think Gillane was that good when he was 16/17. Decent but there were better players his age.

His father is a sound skin, good coach, good hurling brain. Think he’s coaching the Limerick 14s this year.

Jobs for the boys

How so?

He’s an excellent coach.

Whats his name?