Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

:rofl:
The 'Well lads get special canteen/deli training.

The vast majority of those minor teams were picked off the doon/ard scoil/Castletroy harty cup teams. I’m not sure how much digging the selectors done at the time for rough diamonds so to speak. Possibly even seamus flanagan was playing harty at 15 or 16 for the West schools.

You can ask them Fagan, if they haven’t a book already. They have a feature where you can go to them and request a price.

Before somebody like glas starts giving out it wasn’t a go at the schools more the lazy selectors. Can be harder to get off one of those underage panels than getting on them sometimes.

I played soccer against his auld lad, who had the skill of a donkey at Ascot…

it was 2014 was it not?

He came on as a sub in the Harty final. He couldn’t get a game for Ard Scoil

His auld fella Is a sound skin. Decent keeper in his time.

Spain / Granada. I watched the final down there last year, and while I wouldn’t be a GAA person (more a watcher than participant, like at a swingers club), the bar I was in cheered for Galway, so I nearly broke the chair at the final whistle, and effed and blinded beside some roaster kids from the midlands… At least some cockney had the manners to congratulate me/Limerick on the win.

Ah yeah, he is indeed. Another Irish “ceeeement” legend as well.

1 Like

I know Aaron Gillane’s father for years. I remember him drinking a pint in the Ho one Saturday evening after a match. Aaron wasn’t born, but there was a glint in the father’s eye that told you all you needed to know. I knew then Aaron was going to be special.

19 Likes

you’re blaming selectors for not picking Gillane because he went to Clements.

He couldn’t get on the Ard Scoil team and you wanted him picked on the Limerick minor team?

You should have met the grandfather …

Politics. Why should not making the ard scoil team exclude you from the limerick team?

Schools is irrelevant now anyway to Limerick minor teams. Harty is U19 and Minor is U17

The glint in the glint of his grandfather’s eye was something to behold. Aaron’s coming hath been prophesied for generations.

His father is well bred. If I’m not mistaken gillane would be distantly related to legendary limerick goal scorer for ahane and limerick in the 30s paddy McMahon.

Thankfully. Kiely scours the county for gems too.

examples?

You should be able to pick up the like of that in the factory shop on the Long Mile Rd