Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Yeah, they’re all the one, the only difference is that Solohead people tend not to like Limerick, while Oola people hate Tipp

2 Likes

Decent piece.

2 Likes

Part of Doon in Tipp also.

1 Like

Barringtons is finally gone without as much as a whimper.

9 Likes

:rofl:

Brilliant

Claughaun won it with a controversial goal 3 minutes into injury time. 2-9 to 1-10.

Sure the diocese of Emly has most of East Limerick in it

Isn’t Ahane in Killaloe ?

Yes.

Newcastle 1-5 to 1-3 up against St. Kieran’s at half-time. Have played all the football really but gave away a horrific goal when the goalkeeper played the short kick out straight into Sean McSweeney’s hands who buried it. He’s kicked 1-2 of St. Kieran’s scores.

Iain Corbett scored a very nice goal for NCW, lovely team move. Jamie Lee had a free drop short and in after the goalkeeper fucked up but the ref adjudged it to be a square ball.

Seems like a decent crowd in Knockaderry. I’m liking the Limerick GAA TV even with the poles obstructing the view at times.

Goal number 2 for Iain Corbett, 34 gone. 2-2 from play for him, that could be that already, Kieran’s are not offering a lot.

Where’s he playing?

Midfield. Popping up everywhere, always on the shoulder.

Stephen Kelly’s first touch: a ridiculous left-footed shot from way out on the left wing, very tight angle.

Straight over the bar. Unreal. :clap:

@ciarancareyshurlingarmy who were Glencunane Rovers ?

Glencurrane Rovers. They were an amalgamated south Limerick football team in the early 90s. Mainly Ballylanders, Garryspillane and I think Knockainey.

They got to a county final one year. Frankie Carroll played for them

1 Like

Down as the 1991 winners in what must have been a local derby with Hospital.

That’s it. I would have guessed 91 but couldn’t remember if they won it or not. It was around the time that the Bouncers and Knockainey were phasing out fielding football teams to concentrate on hurling only.

Galbally went the other way and became a football only club a few years later. Ballylanders won a minor some time after and it was the springboard for their climb from junior up to senior. I think Knockainey are fielding football teams again.