Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Adare lead 8 pts to 7 after playing with a gale down the pitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5viKis9v8I

1 Like

Kilmallock win 0-18 to 0-13. Adare hit some very bad wides. The breeze ruined it. We weren’t great but won comfortable. Too much short passing, should be going long more into O’Reilly and Mul. Doon up next.

Any teams?

Hannon was fighting a lone battle there.

Tough watch.

I only saw the second half. Benny Burke in FB line with Costello and one of the O’Loughlins. Dan Joy, POL, O’Donnell HB. Jake and Robbie MF. Robbie Egan, Mul, Reilly, Mike Junior, POB. Not sure if Gavin started. Eoin Ryan came on as a sub. Phelim Reilly came on as well.

1 Like

Just back from Newcastle via Fitzgerald Park.

Glenroe got over Effin by a couple of points thanks to a late goal. Effin themselves had a last gasp effort for goal somehow diverted out for a ‘65. Conditions made it difficult.

Small upset in NCW as Knockaderry prevailed in a tense west derby. Missed the first twenty minutes but a game that never quite came to life. Condon had a fine match at centre back and landed a couple of monster late frees as they edged it 0-13 to 0-11. F/C couldn’t get Sham Flan into it enough. He was dangerous when he was involved but they didn’t feed him enough. After coming down from premier intermediate I’d have fancied them today but Knockaderry probably deserved it in all honesty. Flanagan fucked the ref out of it at full time.

Rotten day for hurling. Tomorrow is meant to be even worse so might just plank myself on the couch for Doon v The ‘Well.

4 Likes

Pallasgreen 1-15 Blackrock 1-15 in Hospital. A late late score from Dylan Dawson rescued a draw for Jimmy Quilty’s Blackrock.

The wind absolutely fucked this game, both teams struggled really badly on their own puckouts against the wind. Pallasgreen led 1-12 to 0-5 at half-time but couldn’t really buy a score in the second half. It was a dour, stop-start affair really.

Colin Ryan Malachy scored 1-12 of Pallasgreen’s 1-15, including 2 sidelines. He really is a beautiful striker of the ball. The goal was a free from well inside his own half with the wind which dropped under the bar, and Barry O’Shaughnessy just misjudged it. From open play, Mala was well-marshalled by Marty Farrell. Brian Fanning and Thomas Franklin were probably best for Pallasgreen, Owen and Pa Roche were alright too.

Paudie Leahy scored 0-11 from frees for Blackrock, again another very good striker of the ball. Ruairí O’Shaughnessy was a constant threat inside, I think he scored 2 or 3 from play. Brian Moloney had a huge game at wing-back, got on an amount of ball while Dylan Dawson was decent. Liam Walsh, formerly of Kilmallock, was quite prominent too. Substitute Gavin O’Loughlin came off the bench for his debut and got a goal which pulled Blackrock back into contention.

But not a great game in all honesty, conditions killed it and Trevor Mann gave some very soft frees too imo, game never flowed at all.

4 Likes

Bruff 1-11 Dromin/Athlacca 0-10.

Paul Browne made his return & scored the crucial goal late on. :clap:

12 Likes

Delighted to hear that.

Malachy is a class hurler.

1 Like

Good man Browney. :clap::clap:

In other news Ballymac Tas - the Team G/B dog - romped into the final of the Con & Annie Kirby tonight after comprehensively winning the second semi final. :clap::clap:

Club guaranteed 1k now minimum. €10k to the winner, €5k for second.

6 Likes

Probably suffers from a lack of size and physicality compared to his rivals to get into the Limerick midfield at the moment, but he’s a lovely player. Anything that falls to him is getting put straight over the bar. Well able to take a free or a sideline too. A fantastic asset to have in reserve.

1 Like

I keep saying we should look to make him an auxiliary corner back also. He has pace and lovely stick work. It is probably the only position he has not played.

Haven’t looked in on this thread for just over a month - 998 posts :flushed:

Sure the Things That Are Wrong/Destroy All Statues thread had that many posts yesterday alone.

Robbie Hanley was class.

Was it not the Adare Eoin Ryan who came on rather than the Kilmallock one?

Hanley & Paudie O’Brien absolutely ate James Gahan & David O’Mahony alive in the middle of the field in the first half, and that was huge. Adare needed a much bigger lead at half-time; again, the wind had a massive bearing on the game. Kilmallock were just much better at working the ball out of defence against the wind.

I thought Mark & Paddy O’Loughlin were excellent, as were O’Brien & Hanley, as mentioned. Houlihan scored a couple of lovely points, weaving his way through the defence.

Hannon was class for Adare, head and shoulders their best player. Wayne Mac made a bit of an impact when he came on; I thought Frank Costello was their best player other than that. Charlie McCarthy got on a lot of ball but hit some amount of wides; I thought the likes of Mackey & Fitzgibbon were very very quiet, Kilmallock backs well on top throughout tbh.

Paddy O’Loughlin is one of the most improved players in the county. Can still be a bit tentative on the ball and tends to play it short when the direct clearance is on but he’s a live option now if anything happens to Byrnes or D Morrissey. A Kiely/Kinnerk prototype wing back - big, strong and good in the air.

He was hung out to dry a bit by playing full back on the minors in 2014, he’s much more comfortable out in the half backline.

3 Likes