Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

On 41 minutes Kyle Hayes comes down the Mackey stand sideline with 3 players on him. Gillane and Casey are inline with open stand post. Hayes should be giving a low ball into one of the lads who makes the simple run into the large open space. Instead both stand still, Hayes carries too far and eventually passes when the chance is gone. Cork win a free and score it from the resulting clearance. Criminal stuff. Again on 45 minutes Dan morriseey hits Tom on the long diagonal. Tom wins it and for some reason graeme tails him. You should have two players attacking the one ball but the minute Tom wins it graeme needs to move towards in goal. Fair enough graeme gets a short pass and taps it over but it could have another goal chance. Cork are averaging 1-26 over the last season and a half. So really cork scored exactly what they usually do for as bad as people say our backs played. Our movement In the full forward line was awful. We have to be much slicker. We create little goal chances. Graeme’s came from a Hannon misfit and the others from Cian Lynch runs. When Lynch burst through our forwards should be dancing trying to get free for the ball and taking defenders away from Lynch. We’ve zero movement. Also take a note from pep/Spain/Barcelona. Foul the backs on the ball If needs be and slow it down as much as possible. You want cork hitting long balls and not moving the ball through the lines. The cork backs cleared the ball far too easy. The goal case in point. A total shit show. 3 v 4 inside our own 45. Quality ball in takes out 2 defenders but it’s still a shit show. Both caught ball watching. You sense if Casey or Graeme kicked the ball in and go 2 up we win the game. Instead one minute later we are four down. Hannon was doing a lot of jogging around. I’d give the rest of the backs a pass. Our forwards badly let us down and our puck out strategy was awful. I wonder is the frequency we play cork something to do with it. They had us totally figured out. Overall we’ll need to play well v Waterford to win but I think we’ll do it.

2 Likes

I’ve heard no Cork pub or school has seen Liam in the last decade, very bad form of the players.

Limerick are Galway 2018

Over 1000 posts in the private limerick group since Monday. Hilarious stuff.

You left out a 0 mate. 10k and counting

I’ve a thousand on my own

1 Like

Flanagan is good to go for Waterford

1 Like

Should be renamed the “mental breakdown” thread. Lads aren’t themselves anymore. Some won’t recover.

1 Like

Just back from The Bog Garden.

A huge shock in the big game of the weekend, the west junior b league semi final.

Ballysteen 0-07 G/B 2-09.

(This was football btw)

Hardly a shock. Would ye cunts ever fuck off up to junior a and stop annoying us

2 Likes

How did the lad @TreatyStones had to drag off the tractor on a bank holiday Saturday do ?

Big anticipation for the week ahead - need to fight our way out inch by inch down in that knackers yard

Waterford will put us out of our misery on Sunday pal. You can put away the half zip for another year

1 Like

:sunglasses: don’t stop believing

1 Like

Bit early bud - long summer - September might see Liam back home on the banks just in time to give the smallies a day off-no half days mind

Without Gillane on top form ( same with Pa Horgan)both Limerick and Cork can be bloody average at times

2 Likes

Same goes for most teams, KK without TJ, Galway without Joe.

3 Likes

Suppose, but definitely Cork are snookered without pa showing up

Paddy Quilligan of St. Pat’s passed away this morning.

RIP

9 Likes

Gillane didn’t play that well in the all ireland final and we still bait Galway.

1 Like