Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Cork 1/12 with the handicap at -7

Just catching up on the weekends action. Leinster looks very weak at the moment. Galway surely have eyes only on Liam while Wexford/Dublin would be satisfied by a Leinster title. Kilkenny are rebuilding but will be dangerous on their day against anybody. You’d have to feel at the moment the all Ireland will be won by a Munster county. It’s been a long 10 days for Limerick so I really hope they’ve refocused. The performance wasn’t as bad v cork as I first felt but being honest I’m expecting little performance wise. It’s just a win and get out job. That’s all you really want. Id beg kiely to chance peter Casey at 11. This will be a clustered game where space will be at a premium. You want ball winners in the corners feeding a scoring midfield/half forward. Byrnes/dan m/Hannon will comfortably find the full forward line so we have to go Gillane, Flanagan and Graeme imo. A huge game but I can’t wait.

It’s not gonna happen this championship kid, I’d give up on it for time being.
If he hasn’t tried it in league he ain’t gonna risk it in a do or die game the weekend.

I wouldn’t be against trying it in the future myself. You’ve probably got this image of Casey doing a Richie Hogan but let’s not get ahead of ourselves, Hogan in his pomp is levels above Casey at the minute.

1 Like

Kiely has to roll the dice at some point. What was good enough last year will not be good enough this season. If we don’t start creating goal chances we will have a short summer.

1 Like

Limerick to prevail. T Morrisey motm.

We created a few against cork.

Creating them is one thing. Finishing them off is another. We’re capable of missing bad ones

1 Like

We didn’t really create any v cork. Graeme’s came from a Hannon mishit. Lynch made a few runs but we’d no real plan to make space for him. A few half chances alright but nothing from a plan a such.

1 Like

I agree 100

Aren’t we all ,as long as it stays in Munster

Anyone a link to the interview with kiely?

3 Likes

No Seamie is a big blow.

Yes, would have been a certain starter this week I reckon. Sounds like it’s not too bad an injury but no point in risking it and then missing the next two matches.

With any other management there would be the potential for a big shake-up in the forwards here, with two starters under-performing and two subs out with injury. I predict Boylan and Pat Ryan to come in for Dempsey and Flanagan and the first 15 to remain the same.

He surely would have started. Would have added something but it’s in the middle 8 we need change.

:smile:

1 Like

Will Kiely give them all one chance to turn it around I wonder.

We only have one chance … Unless Tipp also lose

Sounds about right, those seem natural swaps.

Condon for O’Meara too.