Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

I don’t think he can. If he does then all the talk of the strength of the panel and this year being a new slate is set at nought. Sets a bad precedent for the year. And if he doesn’t make changes and we lose then we’re likely out. Most people would agree you won’t win two in a row with the same team. Now is the time to make some hard calls and drive on the competition in the panel. The lads dropped will probably play their way back in eventually but some change is needed to keep it fresh.

1 Like

Who from the middle 8 should miss out this weekend?

You have to think if The Dow isn’t worth a start this weekend its all a bollocks. Kiely’s demise could rival that of Mick Church.

Should or could. I’d say the two Morrisseys and O’Donovan will be under review. Don’t think Kiely will make three changes though.

1 Like

Morrissey, O’Donovan and Morrissey.

1 Like

I’d imagine Dowling will start 14 as it’s imperative gillane is back in the corner even if flanagan doesn’t start. Dowlings only came of note where he started for limerick since 2014 was last year v Waterford so it would make a small bit of sense even if half forward is his best position and he’s a downgrade on flanagan at 14.

I’m not sure daragh o Donovan should be dropped. He’d a poor game yes but that was his first. tom Morrissey has struggled all year so far. He probably should have been dropped during the league.

Dan & DOD were arguably the two players most exposed the last day but to be fair to them, they’ve been very good this year so far. It’d be harsh to drop them off one performance, unless there is clearly outperforming them in training.

Tom Morrissey wasn’t the worst the last day but he wasn’t great either and had a mixed league. He was class last year but I’d say he is the most likely to miss out from the middle 8.

T Morrissey. Kyle to wing and Casey to 11.

Maybe the lads under most e-fire have responded well in training tho and we may see fuck all changes.

If you start dropping lads off the back of one game for a poor performance you are fucked.

1 Like

You’re 100% correct here… The likes of @glasagusban e very reactionary tho and one performance is enough for them to go mental. We’ve been calling Morrissey and Hayes all league… Hayes at least worked his hole off last day.

Casey to 11 will revitalize the whole team.

1 Like

I do think the response in training over the last week is most key. We know they’re a lot better than they showed against Cork, I imagine Kiely will keep faith, but if anyone has struggled badly in training, they’re probably the ones to look at.

I think Flanagan would have started. I wouldn’t mind Boylan, Dowling or Murphy getting the nod.

Pat Ryan on the bench.

fuck Hegarty in full forward and fuck all this bolloxing around through the lines.

5 Likes

Let it in ta fuck

1 Like

Now you’re talking

1 Like

I’d put pat Ryan on the bench for sure. Think Dowling is most likely to start but he’s probably the best impact sub too.

They moved hegarty in full forward v cork. I’d put Hayes in there if it was a choice between the two.

He got on an amount of ball.

This is the roasteriest gaa cliche going, and is gibberish.

Easily understood by you so.