Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Whatever way it works I don’t think we are officially gone on Sunday regardless.

and you accuse others of being snide. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

If we lose on Sunday that’s it, some remote possibility with other results but that won’t happen.

You can’t even read and possibly don’t no what snide means.

know, and yes I struggle to read your posts.

and yes, that was snide

1 Like

So what you think Dowling will be considered as a half forward option on Sunday? Even though he’s either been a sub or a full forward option for nearly all of kielys championship games since the beginning of last year? Tell us why Kevin Downes will be considered a half forward this Sunday? Has he started a championship game for kiely? Has he even started a championship game in the half forward line for limerick in the last few seasons?

No it wasn’t. It’s an opinion based on logic. Dowling rarely starts under kiely in championship in the half forward line. The last time was in 2017. Kevin Downes rarely gets on the pitch full stop under kiely. It isn’t been snide it’s a simple fact. You might not like it but it’s true.

It’s nothing to write home about either,

1 Like

Dowling has mainly been a half forward under Kiely. All of 2017 and first sub at half forward most of last year, and most recently played at half forward during the league, including as a starter. Half forward in the last in house game too. I think he’s best at full forward myself, but he is clearly a half forward option, to say otherwise is like trying to argue that up is down. Nembo levels of mental gymnastics going on.

1 Like

He didn’t play half forward in the closed door game. Don’t make things up. How many games has Dowling started in the half forward line in championship under kiely? None since Kilkenny in 2017. It’s unlikely to happen. Possible but unlikely. His best position is 11 without a doubt and I’d worry for anybody that thinks otherwise.

It’s as good as some and better than most

You seem to be arguing with yourself you lunatic.

Well that ends that

No I don’t think kiely sees Dowling as a starter in the half forward line. It’s very obvious surely. He’s totally different to the three starters who have similar characteristics. If Dowling starts in the half forward line it means a massive switch in our style. (Which could be a good thing)He nearly always uses him in the final 20 minutes to find space and pick off scores from deep and there’s less tracking back to be done and the backs tend to be tired. It’s a role he’s outstanding in. He usually makes an incredible impact. Over the last 10 championship games he hasn’t started Dowling in the half forward line. It says to me he isn’t really an option there from the start in the managements eyes. I personally don’t think he’s a good 14 in are current system as we don’t play to his strengths.

The strength of Limerick’s bench was on full show in last year’s AI final when they had a few injuries late on and almost managed to fuck away an AI they were winning handily.

The important word there being “almost.”

4 Likes

As usual with limerick hurling the truth usually lies somewhere in the middle. I wouldn’t rate our bench on that nor would I the cork game before it.

Gas cunts

Great to see the lads giving the board back what they were missing before last year’s final.

1 Like

Incoming from Pampers.

2 Likes