Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Your Munster titles , county senior titles , all Ireland medal winners tonight stand gross diminished

Huh, Ger Hegarty is now just ‘Hego’s father’? Does the All Ireland medal confer that honour on the son?

1 Like

I don’t like Clare.
I hate them in a hurling sense. I always hated them, far more than I’d hate Tipp.
Fuck Clare. Fuck um.

4 Likes

Minors up by 1 at the break, probably should be further ahead, dominated for long periods but Clare picked off a few handy scores at the end of the half.

Cathal O’Neill doing well.

Is there a breeze in it?

Nothing substantial.

That’s why we’re champions.

Work rate phenomenal. That’s all you can ask for really.

Very very enjoyable afternoon.

1 Like

Cmon Limerick fucking legends. Wahoo

Back on track

Oh, my lovely Rose of Clare
You’re the sweetest girl I know
You’re the queen of all the roses
Like the pretty flowers that grow.

You are the sunshine of my life
So beautiful and fair
And I will always love you
My lovely Rose of Clare.

The sun it shone out like a jewel
On the lovely Rose of Clare
As I strolled along with my sweet love
One evening at the fair.

Her eyes they shone like silver threads
With her long, long golden hair
I won the heart of a young sweet lass
My lovely Rose of Clare.

Oh, my lovely Rose of Clare
You’re the sweetest girl I know
You’re the queen of all the roses
Like the pretty flowers that grow.

You are the sunshine of my life
So beautiful and fair
And I will always love you
My lovely Rose of Clare…

2 Likes

Today was last year’s equivalent of the Waterford game. A turkey shoot. We aren’t learning as much as we think. Gillane goal prime example. Still going high. Today was great but we’ve to improve in so many aspects.

2 Likes

Havent seen the replay yet but it looked a fairly poor finish.

2 Likes

Yeah. How dare he stick it into the roof of the net?

1 Like

I’m an easy target on here but I don’t care. Hes still going high. In the long run it will catch us out. We literally created one goal chance despite being totally dominant. Not good enough imo.

I was straight behind it. Looked a decent enough strike.

It was similar to the strike v kk last year that eoin Murphy saved for fun. I

Winning today means we avoid the unwanted distinction of the worst All-Ireland defence in living memory.

That dubious honour remains with Clare 2014, for at least another 12 months.

8 Likes

We are All-Ireland champions after all, we’re obviously decent enough, it would have been a disaster to lose two games at home and to be knocked out of the Championship this early on. The players were tuned in right from the start and they delivered in terms of work rate and intensity that just didn’t happen against Cork. Our forwards just ate their backs alive when they tried to work the ball through the lines; we hit hard and won a lot of turnovers.

There was sloppiness at times, for sure, but the gameplan was good and the attitude was class.

Quaid was as safe as a house again.

The full-back line were under a little bit of pressure early on when the ball went in quick, but I thought Conlon & SOD’s striking was very slow. We gave away a few frees (some soft maybe) that kept them in it but Finn was class, Casey powered into the game in the second half. English was very solid too.

Half-back line were strong under the high ball generally, Duggan did cause a couple of problems for POL who was also turned over a couple of times. Hannon was simply class, reads the game brilliantly.

They tried to spoil Lynch’s natural game and he didn’t get on the scoresheet but he did work very hard. Same as WOD, couple of sloppy passes, but got on a lot of ball.

Half-forward line were brilliant. Hegarty was immense in the first half, Kyle tackled everything that moved (and what a ball in for Gillane’s goal, cut out Clearly perfectly) and Morrissey probably outshone them both today. Picked off three points from play, I think, and hit really hard in the tackle. Hasn’t been at 2018 levels so far this year but was close to man of the match today.

Gillane’s aerial ability just makes him different class and he just roasted Pat O’Connor. I was shocked they didn’t let Browne in on him from the start. Won ball all day long. I would agree that he went too high with the finish for the goal, but at least it went in this time. Casey showed what he is capable of, four class points and Mulcahy wins some amount of turnovers for a little fella, as well as getting the scores. He is on fire at the moment.

Subs did alright too, although the game was over by the time they started to come in. DOD was probably the pick of them.

Tipp will be a different contest altogether, their forwards are so superior to Clare’s and their movement is a different test to what we’ve faced so far. The all-Maher half-back line are more aerially dominant than any we’ve faced this year either, be interesting to see how we operate on the puckouts.

Speaking of the puckouts, they were an utter disaster against Cork but we wiped Clare out today on ours and theirs. That primary possession makes life so much easier.

7 Likes

It hit the net, all we can ask for. Talk about nit picking…

1 Like