Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

To retain the all ireland you have to nit pick. What was good enough last year wont be good this year.

1 Like

I think that would be the only thing in a negative view in that case. Backs were outstanding today and deserve so much credit. Can only beat what’s put in front of you, and we fairly did that. Bring on Tipp :facepunch:

1 Like

Nitpicking is what you do, there are always areas to improve upon. I’m sure I can come up with a few others if I had to, Tipp will be a different level of opposition.

I believe Gillane can become the top scoring forward in the game. But while he does have a good natural instinct to go for goals and to get into goalscoring positions, his finishing at intercounty level has not been top class yet. I think it will come though.

1 Like

We knew the clare backs are average and we made hay with that

1 Like

Tipp’s full back line are nothing special either, going on today Gillane will roast either of the 3.

Cathal Barrett is better than any corner back in the country bar maybe Sean Finn

1 Like

Is that Barrett lad the guy who beat his missus up?

5 Likes

Allegedly

1 Like

This is true. Barrett to be fair to him, is a serious corner-back and himself & Gillane will be a great battle.

He is a fine player but I do think that full back line in general is extremely fragile, it will be interesting

Antrim or Leitrim away in the football qualifiers please.

1 Like

Will draw westmeath

I just don’t want a home game in front of 125 people, a road trip somewhere please.

When will it be on? I am off on hols on Sunday 23rd.

And the trip to pairc ui rinn last week knocked much of my enthusiasm

Presumed it was next Saturday?

Just realised we’ve club matches the next few Saturdays so probably won’t make it either way if drawn away. :cry:

Hardly if only making draws tomorrow morning?

Edit… gaa.ie fixture list has the games to be saturday 22nd

Was that Dave Clarke’s young lad who came on in the full forward line late for the limerick minors today?

Yes

Going to bed now with a belly full of beer. Tis great beating clare out the gate, on to more important challanges now. Tipp will get theres yet. Next week no real pressure, if we win we win, lose, we’ll learn and win again another day. Its all about 2 in a row now for us. Sleep tight brothers., do not go gently into the quiet night. Yahooooooo

4 Likes

Agreed high and v close to the keeper