Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Just a word on the minors, I thought they were the better team but were made to dig deep in the last couple of minutes.

O’Neill was unreal under the puckout and his freetaking is excellent. A serious talent. Maybe takes too much work on himself at times but really stood up when things were going against us.

I thought Murrihy at wing-back was brilliant, moved back seamlessly and hit two big scores.

Best I’ve ever seen Kirby play, covered so much ground and picked off a few good scores.

And Adam English, this fella is a great bit of stuff too. Not the biggest but caught some great ball when he moved out to wing-forward. His work rate is class as well as being one of the main scoring threats.

Full-back line were good in general.

2 Likes

Poor @gilgamboa was in hiding so long he can’t even recognise the most basic of wind ups anymore, the simpleton from Tipp running around liking his foolishness then, priceless :grin:

Mother of God.

Some very silly posts here so far this morning.

Hannon’s flick on Duggan early on :clap:

Huge intervention, goal was on.

2 Likes

The Juggernaut is a rolling lads, hold tight.

1 Like

Limerick still making a lot of silly mistakes - they turned over the ball 5/6 times first half yesterday when under no real pressure. They did the same last week v Waterford… wont get away with that later in the year.

The Juggernaut is crawling rather than rolling.

All messing aside, it is well & truly rolling now. LK were very impressive yesterday.
Work Rate was off the charts.

Just enjoy it now har and appreciate the well oiled machine.

Can’t say I’m overly horned up watching it unfold but 2 in a Row is looking a real possibility now, pal.

Liam Sheedy is the driver of the only juggernaut on the road and well you know it.

Yesterday was poetry in motion. Lannigans ball stuff.

Still hard to know where we truly are. Waterford and Clare folded like cheap tents. Yesterday has gone a long way to restoring confidence after the Cork game - the trip to Tipp should be the acid test, but next weekend will have an element of a Phoney War to it - albeit both teams will very much still be gunning for the win.

2 Likes

You fight to kill.

The big thing is the work rate alright … for whatever reason it just wasnt there first day out … Wat and Clare may be out of sorts, but we also didnt allow either team play. The likes of Mulcahy / Hayes /Hego have really set the tone. I thought Tom Morrissey was immense yesterday - ran himself into the ground … still, we do over complicate the short stuff at times and need to cut out the unforced errors.

2 Likes

As I’ve tried telling my auld lad, those mistakes will probably remain like they did last year. They are inevitable under Kinnerks game plan. But Kinnerks plan is based on stats. It is worth taking the risks as more often than not we do create the right platform to deliver the killer pass to Gillane etc. But we will cough up some scores

1 Like

If Clare had stuck one of those 3 early goal chances then it could have been a very different game.

The work-rate yesterday from the forwards was off the chart. Was near the levels of the AI final.

And the cock crowed once…

And the cock crowed twice…

1 Like