Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Pour resources into the club’s.

Schools. Thats were you get the biggest bang for your buck. The clubs only get them 3 hours a week. The schools get them 30.

I presume they are doing lessons other than hurling in those 30 hours :laughing:

In Doon they did very little else only hurl .

Very true. Post the 3 in a row under 21 team they got very complacent and didn’t keep investing. Limerick need to keep topping up on what they have.

You goys are so lucky to have PJ.

From what I’ve heard from our lads that are on the minor football with him, that’s his number 1. His club would have contested A football finals against us underage but I think they are more sporadic in the hurling. He’s a beautifully balanced footballer.

I love graeme mulchahy and he’s been a brilliant servant for limerick but mother of god he seems to have no interest in calling for balls when a goal is on or at least creating space for goals. Maybe it’s a coaching or management directive but when Kyle goes through on 40 seconds that has to be in the back of net. Hayes probably took a little too far but he’d the attention of four defenders. Graeme was nearly marking the keeper. We have to work on those situations and start scoring goals. Graeme is a brilliant finisher too but he needs to add that to his game. Hayes, hego and Lynch are capable of breaking tackles and drawing out inside defenders but we badly need for the inside forwards to be working into space and receiving the pass when these situations arrive.

Another facile win yesterday. Very enjoyable though, given all the shite talk from certain Clare supporters about leaving an AI behind them last year.

Hard to find fault with Limerick, they bossed the game. Restarts could be better. The full back line were outstanding, the full forward line were outstanding. As usual the the performance of those lines was facilitated by our middle 8 being completely dominant.

It’s genuinely hard to know how we will match up against Tipp. My sense is that Tipp are a bit ahead yet but I wonder how good they will look when they are being tackled to death by Limerick. I can’t wait to see our half forwards against their half back line.

It might come down to who gets goals against Tipp and they have the edge on us there.

I think neither side will learn anything next week and there’ll be a lot of shadow boxing. Both teams are through. Tipp almost guaranteed a Munster final.

It won’t be full intensity anyway

Go away you fool.

4 Likes

I think both teams will be mad to win. The question is whether they’ll put out their strongest team. Tipp will have scope to make a few changes. I wonder do we rotate and if so who? The likes of Casey, WOD and POL will only benefit from more games at this level so should be left in. Who else could you rotate? Many of the rest are practically indispensable.

He done the exact same v tipp last year and he was guilty of it a few times v cork too. He has to receive that ball and standing so close to the keeper gives the keeper the chance to make the block. Limerick under kiely are very good at creating 2 on 1s or 3 on 2s but we rarely ever covert these chances in the goal. If you want to win multiple all Ireland’s this won’t do.

Sean Finn was outstanding but mike Casey and English were a good bit of their best. Finn and Hannon saved us from goals. Shanagher made a total bolox of another simple goal chances. If they play like that v tipp they’ll have 2 goals got after ten minutes.

I’m worse to engage with you.

5 Likes

If Limerick and Tipp are only going through the motions you’d fancy Tipp. Both teams can throw it around but Tipp will be more clinical when it comes to raising green flags.

I think a defeat could be a good thing for Lk ,. Winning a Munster final probably not good either . I think Lk need regular games to keep sharp and active ,

I would fucking love to win Munster and I’m sure the players would too.

4 Likes

Judging by the managers comments he didn’t seem to give a hoot about Munster. I like the root we took last year. We improve with games. The long breaks don’t suit so.

A munster championship along with the All Ireland and national league title would be my preference also mate.

4 Likes