Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Think gillane/Casey are ahead of him and they both know where the goals are. Mulchahy is a class act but some aspects of him game just mean he’s shy of being elite for me. Flanagan gives us a focal point and is brilliant at creating the space for the other forwards and also allows gillane to go back into the corner which is by far his best position. Gillane will destroy cathal Barrett aerially. For me it’s Graeme or Casey and I think Casey is better.

Will you stop, what more has Graeme to do for us.

Nothing. He’s brilliant but It’s about balance. Casey offers more than him at the moment imo. Graeme, Casey, Gillane our 3 best inside forwards but Casey, Flanagan and Gillane is a better balance imo. They offer more as a unit and complement each other better. It’s not too different to Dowling last year. We need to start creating more goal chances immediately and I think this will help.

1 Like

Delighted with that team.

Flanagan needs a match and we now have two setups in the full forward line. Dowling deserves a start at this stage, and serious competition at centrefield now.

Morrissey has always been the centre back cover so great to give him a proper match there from the start.

11/10 to 15/8 after the team announcement seems like an overreaction.

I hope Dowling plays 11. Think he’d be better there than 10.

Will you go away to fuck. There can be an argument for Flanagan starting ahead of mulcahy or Casey but you can’t say mulcahy has to go

Tend to agree, fine team and it’s a 50/50 game truth told.

Draw could be the bet all considered.

Calm down

1 Like

it’s casey or Graeme for me and imo he had to go. Pointed it out numerous times last year and a few times this year already where Graeme simply stands still when there’s a pass on for a goal if he really wanted it. I was wondering it was a management directive but I’m quietly confident Casey, Flanagan and Gillane will score a hatful of goals on Sunday.

Do you think Limerick will win on Sunday?

Had an operation yesterday on a hamstring tear. Grade 4 tear I think

I’d be very surprised if limerick don’t win by 5 or 6.

I’d be fancying Limerick too. Tipperary no doubt are much better than last year but they haven’t had a true physical test yet

It’s a dead rubber for both teams but there’s a lot more lads playing for their places on the limerick side than Tipps and I think that will tell. Interesting now from 5-10 everybody will have only played 3 games from the start. Kyle Hayes must be setting some insane numbers as they never seem to give the chap a rest. Has he even been subbed off? Tom morrissey is close to last chance saloon in my book. He was better v Clare but has had an average year overall.

Who would you start ahead of him though in say a Munster final? honest question…

1 Like

If limerick want to retain Liam they need to become totally ravenous for goals and more goals. Runs from Kyle Hayes, hego, Cian and wod are our best chance of creating goals. Flanagan is brilliant at making space for them, winning long ball and has very good vision at picking out runners too. Casey is the best man on the squad for dropping off defenders and being in the perfect position to receive the pass from a deep runner. He’s also our best finisher. He’s lovely hands. It doesn’t matter what way it goes into Gillane but we need to isolate him on a corner back as much as possible. Eamon cregan spent hours teaching him how to catch a ball and it’s paying dividends now. Also Flanagan really compliments Gillane with his deep runs and by occupying defenders. I want at least 3 goals on Sunday. We can win two in a row if we keep developing our style. Earlier in the week I wasn’t pushed but as Ciaran Carey said to Rafael earlier you simply can’t beat tipp enough. Munster final is town either way too. Come on Limerick!!!

1 Like

Casey is such an intelligent player it’s ridiculous. Gillane is the most lethal but jesus Casey must be a nightmare to mark. Quick, turns on a six pence, and is deceptively strong too. We can’t give enough ball into these 3 boys on Sunday now. Looking forward to see how we work it out the back without Hannon and Lynch. DOD, Dow, Flanagan and Dan, talk about a wealth of options across the squad!

I’m open to correction but I think this is kielys 14th championship game and the only 2 players to start every game are Nicky Quaid and Kyle Hayes.

1 Like

So bad they invented a new grade for it

He had to get a donor hamstring sure