Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

I wouldn’t wish you lot on anyone. Well maybe Teddy.

The only man with sense here :clap:

:grin:

Have you heard the latest?

no

I think it means supporters are gone hysterical. This place myself included are certainly guilty of that. I think the underlying message of the piece is we/supporters need to calm down.

We will have the NaP lads back for the Dublin game.

Limerick hurlers are going to have another fantastic year.

1 Like

Mayb. He’s set on Byrnes now at 6 when he’s strengths are obviously at 5. The modern attacking wb . Hickey…did it at least 3 times against ye and last yr for a possible equalizer v dubs? Cody and even Davy would have that shit sorted…and gom at cf sweet Jesus

Go on you’re in the know…

You recall fucking wrongly, then.

It was Ahane winning the national FĂŠile that was announced during that Saturday evening of 16th June 2007.

2 Likes

Was the Ahane National Feile win not a few years earlier? Sean Maddens age?? He was Minor in 07, played in the Gaelic Grounds for Limerick Minors v a Bonnar Maher/Brendan Maher inspired Tipp team before the 3rd game v Tipp. Unless they won one again in 07?? Id say that Ahane Feile win was in 03.

After a few pints and some shit talk in the local over team selection I cobbled together a revised starting 15.
Quaid
Seanie O B
English
Hickey(pace not pudge in the FB line)
Byrnes
Gavin
Dempsey
Browney
Jim Bob(get him fit still has lots to offer)
Morrisey
Dowling
Lynch
Nash
Hannon
Downes.

Shut up you fu*in ape you

I like most of that. We definitely need more pace in the corner back positions and Hickey may be more disciplined there. The criticism of him is more about his decision making than his hurling it seems, he tried to force things especially when things are going badly. He should go back where he’s been at his best. Consensus growing that Byrnes may not be best placed at 6 but as I said months ago he’s the kind of player Teege would love at 6. We’d have been better off trying O’Connell there for most of the league. Dowling doesn’t go well at 11 but you’ve definitely got the 6 best forwards selected there.

Ahane won in 04. Lost the final in 07. Dowling was announced as winner that evening in Thurles.

1 Like

Didn’t Ahane have a girl on that winning team, Niamh Mulcahy I assume?

Yes. She is the only hurler of note to come from the team.

4 Likes

Whatever happened the double barrelled named chap on that team. Think he played a football with Monaleen and was a talented rugby player as well. Think he may have figured for the Limerick senior footballers when not long out of minor. Power was it?

Good recall. Cormac Joyce Power. Played Munster final in 2009 v cork.

Went to the states for something college related and was lost to the cause.

Illegal in the states for 5 or more years now. Spun chap and very helpful to any lad from Ireland pitching up across the pond.