Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

ye do not want to hear the truth thats why ye have not won the big one

Ground hurling won us the All Ireland in 1973 my father used to say.

He is a bitter man. He was probably one of the most talented hurlers we ever produced but couldn’t manage his shite. He put loads of effort in to be fair.

Is this All Ireland winning manager Eamon Cregan you’re talking about?

1 Like

if you were ever “coached” by him you would see why they are where they are. If you were Christy Ring you would get on great. If you were Christy Heffernan you would have given up hurling

2 Likes

he is right becuase limerick have no plan

Yeah. He had a great physical trainer with him (soccer based coach from Limerick) who everyone I spoke with rated extremely highly (I don’t know/care how Kev would rate him).

If I remember that 94 match ( and believe ,me I have been trying to forget it for a long time) it was Billy Dooley standing over a 21 yard free that looked to the sideline for direction. Cregan told him go for a point and Billy said fuck you and buried it.

FFS, Johnny Dooley

1 Like

you remember fuck all you ape.

4 Likes

Smart management from Cregan. He knew the Offaly psyche. Tell them they can’t do something, and they go bull arsed to prove you wrong.

Thank fuck. Hopefully in 22 years time I forget the rest of it

thats bad bud

I’m your number 1? :heart_eyes:

That’s lovely Joe but it’s a bit creepy how obsessed you are with me

:wink:

Fucking Offaly, it’s all their fault.

It was Johnny Dooley. Billy was the one wrecked leaning on his hurl at the end. The ball repeatedly came to him in the unexplained absence of a marker (Nash?), he wasn’t one to look a gift horse in the mouth and stroked over a few easy points.

Ah FFS again. It was Joe O’Connor who was left corner back, he also conceded the free which Johnny Dooley goaled.

Timber Tom is good to allocate blame elsewhere but I have never heard him put his hand up for not taking off his own clubman.

Nash was playing at 7.

1 Like

Billy nearly got sick of scoring points by the end.

Why do you have to bring this shit up every time

Bring up what?