Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

Offaly’94

Because it was relevant to the point put across. Not get fucked you cuntknuckle.

If we had held on in 94 we might have won another couple of titles since. But we fucked it up and instead we are giving entertainment to hurlingmen everywhere with our fuckacting.

4 Likes

This year could be my first time ever not to bother me bollix going to a championship match.

That says a lot

94 was not as damaging as 96

Can’t recall the subs bench for the U21 Final last year, anybody have it or the match programme from the night?

A very similar thing happened in 01/02 under Dave Keane, when there was a istinct split in the camp due to some older players feeling under pressure for their spots. Im not sure if that is what is happening now but id hazard a guess that it could be the root of the issue. What problem have the Na P lads that they have banded together as a bit of a clique?

From what I hear our GPA President and vice captain isn’t exactly the most harmonious and unifying figure either…

Id line out with this Sat night

1. Quaid
  2. Seanie O’Brien
  3. R McCarthy
  4. R English
  5. D Byrnes
    6 G O’Mahoney
    7 R Lynch
    8 P Browne
    9 A Dempsey
    10 S Dowling
    11 C Lynch
    12 T Morrissey
    13 K Downes
    14 D Hannon
    15 B Nash

True. But 96 wouldn’t happen without 94.

Line it with that for summer altogether please

In fairness the subs were often chopped and changed on a game by game basis for the u21’s last year.

Open to correction but I think Kevin O’Brien started versus Tipp but got injured later in the year and didn’t make the match day squad for the final when he was recovered. Lad from my own club got on briefly in the Munster final but didn’t make the final match day panel either. It’s very hard to keep a panel of 40 happy, borderline impossible.

Barry Nash only joined up ahead of the AI semi final v Galway but hard to argue against putting him straight in. Winning covers a lot of things I suppose.

Madness for the senior panel to be carrying so many bodies. Management should have set out their stall last October and gone with their trimmed down chosen squad. Drop those deemed surplus to requirements. Instead we have limped along all winter and spring and not a single tough decision has been made either in terms of personnel or tactics.

If a manager cant make players heel then he has to go.

I agree with that team for better or for worse.

Hickey, Condon, McNamara, O’Brien, Mulcahy need the road.

Ah yea.
There is a valid argument to say that had we won at least one of those years, things wouldnt be as grim today

There is a me culture in Limerick hurling.

Everyone is concerned with their own little patch and the bigger picture suffers because of it.

The county board are the main culprits.

They think it is all about them.

Every other county works for the good of the players.

In Limerick everyone works for the good of the county board.

1 Like

Ask genuine Murroe boher gaa fans about the gpa president that will tell you all you need to no. I can’t phantom why anybody would pick seanie o Brien at corner back I’d say he’s played less than 150 minutes in his whole career at corner back. I’d also hazard a guess and say the reason he isn’t getting a look in is because of some falling out over playing there last year.

Did your pitch invasion on All Ireland club final day not whet the appetite for the inter-county season ahead, pal?

7 Likes

Nah chief. Much an all as I enjoyed it, I have come to the sad realisation that a pitch invasion for a Limerick man in Croker in September is about as possible as Elvis riding Shergar to a grand national win

2 Likes

boll1x

@ The Runt,

Himself said the footballers are even worse.

Fucking disgusted at them.

1 Like

Well I will say I was very surprised to learn that the Drom v NCW county league game last Saturday was brought forward to 11am, and that a number of Limerick panelists played in this league game, before getting on the bus for a crunch game against Sligo. One of those players went onto play a full game in Sligo. I don’t believe such a situation would have been facilitated if any other clubs and players were involved.

Smacks big time of double standards.

Is this coming from the same Management team that would not allow players last year play hurling league games with their club teams 5 weeks out from Championship??