Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

Not that I know. Its Tipp town so strongly doubt there’s boarding there, its not exactly salubrious surroundings.

1 Like

He must have only joined up with the panel anyway.

A fairly terrible match if truth be told. Can’t see either team being at the business end of Munster or the AI.

The expensive Clare man needs to be ousted from Limerick GAA. Minors playing a sweeper - sweet Jesus. Where will this stop - it’ll be under 12’s and under 14’s next.

In fairness they’ll say it worked as they went in level at half time playing against a strong breeze and the designated sweeper - the Askeaton man - played the role superbly in the opening 30 minutes.

Always felt we were the better team but made very hard work of it. Brian Ryan was excellent in the first half but faded, Conor Boylan was very good in parts but our standout performer IMO was Hourigan at wing back. (O’Meara good throughout too obviously.)

You’d have to think that Cork, Waterford and Tipp would all be better (possibly significantly so) than those two teams tonight. Clare were muck and we were only marginally better.

Anyway always nice to beat the cunts, all the same.

1 Like

Why would you blame the Clare man when lk have a manager and 2 selectors of which Daly seems to be neither of.

Daly is coach and from what I’ve heard the basics were very poor tonight.

He runs the show.

First touch was brutal. Our hooking wasn’t great.

He wasn’t running it tonight he wasn’t even on the line.

Standard was very poor in fairness.

1280 unread posts since I last opened this thread. :grin:

2 Likes

Daly is a horrible money hungry cunt.

The quicker he’s fucked off back over the river the better.

3 Likes

Jesus wept.

1 Like

Whatever about Daly’s abilities as a manager and imposing a tactical structure, who thought it would be a good idea having him replace Wallace & Cregan as the coach?

If players can’t comfortably strike off both sides under pressure, there is something wrong. Obviously that’s not just Daly’s fault, these players have presumably been involved in Limerick underage structures all up along. (And I am also aware that there are quite a few players who have made it to the senior intercounty teams and not be totally comfortable in doing so, but it should be a prerequisite.)

He runs it like a sporting business.
Ah right.

He’s also on about 60 grand a year. Bring back Brian Ryan.

He got the job as a thank you for his years of service to Dublin hurling. How the Dublin County Board managed to appoint him to the Limerick job is still the mystery.

1 Like

He’s the ultimate GAA charlaton.

Poor taste taking the Limerick GAA tracksuit off once the minors were bate and taking more coin off newstalk last year as @dodgy_keeper pointed out to the board.

He’s a hungry cunt.

Daly’s appointment is everything that is wrong with Limerick GAA in a nutshell.

• he’s a household name.
  • the simpletons in charge want household names involved to give this illusion of professionalism.
  • they chuck a fair wedge of coin at these names, irrespective of whether they are suitable for the role or not.

He has proved he is a decent enough intercounty manager. If he was to be employed by us it should be in that capacity alone. As a manager.

What’s his track record in coaching youngsters? None as far as I can see, apart from getting into a row on the sideline while involved with his own club in a minor match. Again he has an ok track record at adult level but he prob can’t believe his luck with the cushy number he is on. If these spoofers are drawing big expenses (legitimate no doubt…) they are entitled to be scrutinised IMO.

1 Like

The worst thing about it is the county board use dalys appointment to justify their positions.

They are probably good at shouting and roaring though.