Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

Monaleen gave Croom some hiding yesterday.

1-18 to 0-9

They scored more than that I thought?

I was only going by the Milford results website…Croom could be relegated…they’re gone way back.

I’d like to see Monaleen up at senior, they’ve serious demographics to be a powerhouse in limerick hurling.

They’ve good underage teams alright. Croom are a mess and it’s sad to see. The Milford man has made a few mistakes recently.

That’s unlike him in fairness…Ah Croom are fucked…they’ve been amalgamating at underage which is shocking for their tradition and population.

They had a great group of lads all the same age in Lucey, Riordan and Lawlor but never got over the line. There’s nothing like that there now which is a pity.

Indeed. I heard last week the county board blocked crecora and fedamore joining up but allow St pats, claughann and old Christians to join.

St Pats are getting a great bounce from the primary school on the Dublin road and they’re a strong senior football club now.

Hegarty aside they don’t take the hurling seriously enough at adult level unfortunately. Crecora and Fedamore amalgamated a few times before at different underage levels I’m fairly sure…but both parishes don’t like each other so it would’nt work longterm.

Old Christians I’ve great time for…heavy beatings for years but still keep going…It’s a great tight hurling field in Rathbane and the amalgamation at underage has reaped some rewards there recently.

Only heard last week that Peter Bennis, brother of Richie, died suddenly on March 17. He was a decent skin. RIP

3 Likes

An absolute gent, how did you know him?

@TreatyStones Saw Drom gave ye a bit of a clipping at the weekend…Had they many “outsiders” playing??

4 starters apparently. I thought divisional teams were banned in Limerick, but there you go.

The game was played in absolutely horrendous conditions it has to be said.

I wouldn’t know any of them lads but as Julio says I was told afterwards that 4 of them started and one came off the bench. A bit of a joke really. We were down a good few players ourselves. Cursed with injuries at the moment.

Ya it’s a fair joke alright, especially seen as they always seem to be able to briing through 1 or 2 of their own every year. Has to be very disheartening for their younger lads!! Will be interesting to see how it plays out for them during the year!!!

Are Drom likely to be around the top table for a few years more then? Who are the outsiders they’re getting in? Good players from shitty neighboring clubs is it?

Feenagh/Kilmeedy and possibly one other club aren’t fielding junior football teams this year and all their better players have transferred to Drom.

Got a good few from Feenangh & one from Feohanagh (who’s brother already plays with em). From the names i’ve heard one maybe two would make the championship team I’d say. That one has been on the fringes of the county setup for the last couple of years.

Any team news heading towards Sunday? is it pointless playing a sweeper against Waterford? and if we don’t will Ronan Lynch start?

No, yes and yes.

1 Like

What would you suggest pal?

Positionally, I would imagine the team they’ll pick will line out as follows: Quaid, Hickey, McCarthy, English, R. Lynch (sweeper), Byrnes, McNamara, O’Mahony, J.Ryan, Browne, Dowling, Nash, C. Lynch, Downes, Hannon

If Hannon isn’t fit I would expect Mulcahy to be retained. If Condon is fit he slots in at 2, McNamara drops out, HIckey goes to wing back and Gavin comes to the centre.

3 Likes