Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

Someday’s its more up than down & more down than up.

It’s just bad form, pal.

Our match that weekend is down for Kilmallock. Again. We play there more than ye play in Bruff!

good game sunday bud

Iron Mike needs you.

1 Like

I hear next year they are setting up a committee called “pushing football back out over the west border”

They wont push Seanie Buckley over any border

2 Likes

Same old story. The master fixture list for football is treated as sacrosanct if a club tries to get a game moved, yet when it comes to facilitating hurling matches they will change fixtures at the drop of a hat. It’s a joke. They should be squeezing the extra games into hurling weekends. Not moving football to suit them.

I had previously spoken highly of the football championship structure but this year it’s a bit of a joke.
Going to take nearly 14 weeks to play the last two group games, 5th June to 8th August to 3rd of September.

What is the structure?

Usually 5 group games, 3 played early in the April, May, June and then two in August (sometimes it’s only two early in the year and three in August). The fixtures are generally stuck to rigidly and lads can book holidays etc around them and you are guaranteed to be off for July.

1 Like

That’s a nice set up, plenty of games.

1 Like

Things have generally improved in recent years regards club games in both hurling and football. Makes the shafting of club footballers and clubs a bit disappointing and a step backwards again.

In years gone by you could head off for three months and barely miss a game. Thankfully there seems to have been a realisation in recent years that club players need championship games during the summer.

1 Like

This year the county board were particularly determined to play games.

Big game next Saturday lads

Oh for fucks sake

i ignore you.

Was at Feohanagh v kildimo pallas on Friday. Kyle Hayes was outstanding at centre back. The minor management missed a trick with him.

2 Likes

Kilmallock u14s were destroyed mid-week by the Blackrock/Effin/Glenroe amalgamation - Looks like the end of the road for Kilmallock as a hurling stronghold.

4 Likes

Informative. But wrong.

Kilmallock played themselves?

4 Likes